Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

matrixIII
2012-02-07T17:37:18Z
Ok so I am trying to make a simple connection but for some reason I can't connect. What am I missing here...

Quote:

Console.WriteLine("Code Started...");

Server _Server = new Server();
Client _Client = new Client();
_Client.LogToFile = false;

Connection _Connection = new Connection();
_Connection.ConnectionType = Connection.ConnectionT.Remote;
_Connection.Address = "server_ip";
_Connection.UserName = "username";
_Connection.PassWord = "password";
_Connection.Port = 16444;

_Server = _Client.Connect(_Connection, true);

Console.WriteLine(_Server.Connected.ToString());

I get one line of "New Client Connected" in the logs when I attempt the connection but not the ususal "User xxx logged in...". If I use the same exact username/password on the same development machine in the test client that comes with the VisualCron API directory, I can connect fine! But in my above case, I always get a "false" for my last Console.WriteLine statement. What am I missing here?

Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2012-02-08T08:44:29Z
Could it be different versions of VisualCron in the environments?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
matrixIII
2012-02-08T16:55:50Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Could it be different versions of VisualCron in the environments?

Thank you! The dll's for Test client under VisualCron API folder was pointing to C:\Program Files\VisualCron\*.dll and for my code there were pointing to a different copy which I am not sure where I copied from. As soon I checked the dll reference to C:\Program Files\VisualCron\*.dll, it started working! There are both connecting to the same Visual Cron server.
Scroll to Top