Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

vistisen
2012-03-12T09:21:15Z
Am I the only one or do other people have problems with the result image icon not always updating? Mine often shows the hourglass even though the jobs have finished. Restarting the client causes them to be updated.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2012-03-12T23:00:54Z
Originally Posted by: vistisen 

Am I the only one or do other people have problems with the result image icon not always updating? Mine often shows the hourglass even though the jobs have finished. Restarting the client causes them to be updated.

Which version are you running now?
Do you have any errors in the server log after this happened?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Rahn
2012-03-13T14:25:14Z
We've had this intermittantly for the last several versions. (Since 5.8, I believe.)
Since it's not consistant, we haven't been able to provide a good reproducible scenario.

We have 2 remote servers connected to our local machines. All currently running 6.0.7.
I've tried turning compression on to see if that gets things across faster, but didn't seem to make a difference.
Support
2012-03-13T21:24:18Z
We are really interested in finding a way to reproduce this. Please let us know.

We have some questions (besides our previous):

1. is this happening for short or long running jobs?
2. are you able to run the job again or is it blocked (because it is already running) or is it only the image that is wrong
3. when this has happened, has the client been opened (through the night) or minimized while it was updated the last time?

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
vistisen
2012-03-22T08:58:13Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

We are really interested in finding a way to reproduce this. Please let us know.

We have some questions (besides our previous):

1. is this happening for short or long running jobs?
2. are you able to run the job again or is it blocked (because it is already running) or is it only the image that is wrong
3. when this has happened, has the client been opened (through the night) or minimized while it was updated the last time?

I Think I know at least one situation it occurs. I have a job that gets a file from an FTP server, if there is no file the next file copy task reacts to the no files copied error by looping back to an earlier wait task and then tries the ftp download again. If the first iteration of the loop results in an error at the file copy, then the result error icon remains at the job level even though the last iteration of the tasks was a success. I hope the attached screenshot helps. I'm sorry that the tasknames are partly in DanisH!
vistisen attached the following image(s):
Scroll to Top