Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Krzysztof
2014-07-09T19:41:18Z
Idea: add feature to create a link to a job that I can then give to someone on my network, and when they click it, a VC listener on the server would interpret the link and execute the job.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-07-10T06:46:35Z
Theoretically this is possible today by creating a shortcut to VCCommand.exe command line tool. But I see you want a more direct way - just wanted to tell you.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
klewis10367
2014-07-10T11:27:41Z
I was not aware you could do this with the vccommand.exe. Is there an tutorial or example you can point me to. I am not a programmer, but just need a push to get me started as I will pick it up pretty quick.
ErikC
2014-07-10T12:23:41Z
Hi,

A -? gave me:

You have not specified --connectionmode (local/remote) - using local connectionmode
Example: VCCommand --action runjob --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action activatejob --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action deactivatejob --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action stopjob --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action runtask --ip 127.0.0.1 --connectionmode remote --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action runjob --ip 127.0.0.1 --connectionmode remote --username admin --password xyz --name "Job Id or Name"
Example: VCCommand --action listjobs --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz
Example: VCCommand --logontype ad --action listtasks --connectionmode local
Example: VCCommand --action activate --r xxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz
Example: VCCommand --action deactivate --connectionmode local --username admin --password xyz

Uses Visualcron since 2006.
klewis10367
2014-07-10T12:25:58Z
I found the command. But I don't think I am creating the bat file incorrectly as I run it but I do not see in the Visual Cron Interface where the last run date time was run and also the job it was to do do did not update...here is my text in the bat file with info:

C:
cd \Program Files (x86)\VisualCron\VCCommand
VCCommand --action runjob --ip xxx.xx.xxx.xxx --connectionmode remote --username xxxxx --password xxxxx --name "COAA GL EXPORT"

klewis10367
2014-07-10T12:28:24Z
Also, I am assuming the username is the same as the credentials that will run the job from the interface? In my case the credentials are userid@domain.com
Krzysztof
2014-07-10T13:36:26Z
I wasn't aware of this either...this should work for what I need to do, thanks everyone!
Support
2014-07-10T15:01:27Z
Originally Posted by: klewis10367 

Also, I am assuming the username is the same as the credentials that will run the job from the interface? In my case the credentials are userid@domain.com

The username/password is the username you logon VisualCron with - it does not have anything to do with Credentials?
Henrik
Support
klewis10367
2014-07-10T19:20:22Z
Does it matter that I am using AD Credentials to log in, because it doe not require a password to log into VisualCron. I changed that in my batch file with no luck.
Support
2014-07-10T20:04:14Z
Originally Posted by: klewis10367 

Does it matter that I am using AD Credentials to log in, because it doe not require a password to log into VisualCron. I changed that in my batch file with no luck.

Per the example in the output that Erik showed above you use the following switch when connecting with AD:

--logontype ad
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top