Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Danny van Oijen
2017-07-03T06:49:20Z
Hi all,

need to build athe following:
when a mail arrives from a certain mail addres it needs to watch the subject the subject can contain 2 variables i need to work with.
If the subject contains test1 and demo1, the user demo1 needs to be added to AD group test1 and be removed from AD group test2.
If subject contains test2 the user demo1 needs to be added to group test2 and removed from test1.

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-07-04T09:49:14Z
Currently the Email Trigger can only check for existence of one string. I am moving this topic to Feature requests.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Danny van Oijen
2017-07-04T10:59:06Z
thomas
2017-07-04T13:24:04Z
As a workaround, you could just save the mail subject to a job variable, and then check the variable to determine further action.

Danny van Oijen
2017-07-05T08:54:34Z
Thomas,

Ok, can you tell me how to do this?
thomas
2017-07-05T11:18:12Z
First create a mail trigger. I have a trigger here that looks from mails from a given address. I aasume you have the same (for security reasons)

Capture.PNG

Then create a Set Job Variable task that writes subject to var:

Capture.PNG

You find this variable here:

Capture.PNG

Now you have this variable stored when mail arrives:

Capture.PNG

You could have next a stop job task if variables does not contain the desired strings. I am sure there are many ways of proceeding from this point.

Scroll to Top