Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

pmontoya
2010-07-26T19:47:09Z
With my job, I define a few task. Within those tasks, I define a job to SSH to a device. I then write another task to write to a file the output of the SSH cmd. The write to the file uses the previous task SSH output from the TASK ID StdOut command.

Here where the issue starts. If I copy and paste the job, it breaks all of the write to file tasks that I have defined (because it is still referencing the task ID StdOut from the previous jobs. Seems like a bug, because I would think that when one copy and pastes a job, then we would hope that when the new tasks are created (as part of the copy process) it would update dynmically, any references when writing or the old job task to the new ones.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-07-26T22:29:15Z
We cannot guess exactly what you want even though it might sound simple. However, to get around this and make the solutions more generic you should use dynamic Variables instead of hard coding id's.

For example:

[{TASK(PrevTask,StdOut)}

or

{TASK(Active,StdOut)}
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
pmontoya
2010-07-26T22:41:30Z
I knew I was missing something simple. Thanks for those cmds. This will help a lot.
Scroll to Top