Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

rprastein
2010-08-12T01:34:18Z
OK, so maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but I find the menu layout confusing (I also prefer the old color schemes and square-cornered windows of W2K and before, but I can live with the pastels). Can there be an option of using traditional Windows style hierarchical menus? This read down, across the bottom, lists next to lists stuff makes my head hurt.

Thanks,

Rebeccah
Sponsor
Forum information
ErikC
2010-08-12T08:04:45Z
Hi,

You can use version 4.x for the traditional menus.
Version 5.x has a ribbon, but after using it for a while you get used to it, just like the Office ribbon, although I have to search for a lot of things in the latest version... I'll manage

I think a ribbon is a visual boost to the program, but it still a menu only a different one.

Regards
Erik

Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2010-08-12T09:41:45Z
The closest thing to get it to mimic old behavior is to double click on the menu. Then it will at least not show the ribbon all the time.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
rprastein
2010-08-13T00:54:37Z
ErikC wrote:

Hi,

You can use version 4.x for the traditional menus.
Version 5.x has a ribbon, but after using it for a while you get used to it, just like the Office ribbon, although I have to search for a lot of things in the latest version... I'll manage

I think a ribbon is a visual boost to the program, but it still a menu only a different one.

Regards
Erik

Well, I just installed 4.9.40, and it still has the same "ribbon" thingy. I wish there were a way to turn it off. But if there isn't, there isn't. I'll get used to it. Back to version 5.

Rebeccah
ErikC
2010-08-13T08:48:08Z
Hmm, I was sure 4.x had the normal menu's. Is it that long ago... I'm not remembering it well 😊
It's a good thing to use 5, it has a lot more features than version 4.

Regards,
Erik

Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2010-08-13T09:02:22Z
I am sure you will get used to it and find it more intuitive in the end. Thanks for your patience.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top