Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

2014-04-04T14:04:29Z
Hello All,
I'm migrating from version 6.0.9 to 7.1.4, and I usually generate a log file using a Notification which wrote automatically some information about tasks.
So every task "on complete" I call a Write File Notification using the follow variables
could you please help me to the correct variable to bug the task infos?
in the version 6.0.9 I use the "Active" variable, but the new one seems it works in a different way.

----------------- {COMPUTER(Name)} - {JOB(Active|Name)}------------------------------
>>>> {TASK(PrevTask,Order)} - {TASK(PrevTask,Name)}
Partenza: {DATEFORMAT(dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm)}
Lista File scaricati/caricati : {TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFilesNames)} - {TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFilesNames)} ({TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFiles)}-{TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFiles)})
Trigger: {TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|Desc)} - {TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|LastRun)}
Task Exit Code: {TASK(PrevTask,ExitCode)} - {TASK(PrevTask,ExitCodeDesc)}
Task risultato Output: {TASK(Active,StdOut)} - {TASK(Active,StdErr)}
Esito Task: {TASK(Active,Result)}
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-04-04T14:10:27Z
You need to change:

{TASK(Active

to

{TASK(PrevTask
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
2014-04-23T08:14:47Z
Hello,
sorry to boring you, but I've tryed to check the solution on the new version 1.7.6 but I'm not able to have the file log I wish:
here I give you an example:
I've changed the contents of the notification as the following, adding Active and PrevTask key word, I can't return some information, for example the right task order, the name of downloaded files ... you can find my configuration and job structure into attachements files... maybe I'm making a mistake but where, do you have any suggestion?
----------------- {COMPUTER(Name)} - {JOB(Active|Name)}------------------------------
>>>> {TASK(Active,Order)} - {TASK(Active,Name)}
Lista File scaricati/caricati : {TASK(Active,Result.DownloadedFilesNames)} - {TASK(Active,Result.UploadedFilesNames)} ({TASK(Active,Result.DownloadedFiles)}-{TASK(Active,Result.UploadedFiles)})
Trigger: {TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|Desc)} - {TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|LastRun)}
Task Exit Code: {TASK(Active,ExitCode)} - {TASK(Active,ExitCodeDesc)}
Task risultato Output: {TASK(Active,StdOut)} - {TASK(Active,StdErr)}
Esito Task: {TASK(Active,Result)}
Esito Job: {JOB(Active|Result)}
----------------- {COMPUTER(Name)} - {JOB(PrevTask|Name)}------------------------------
>>>> {TASK(PrevTask,Order)} - {TASK(PrevTask,Name)}
Lista File scaricati/caricati : {TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFilesNames)} - {TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFilesNames)} ({TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFiles)}-{TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFiles)})
Trigger: {TRIGGER(PrevTask|LastTrigger|Desc)} - {TRIGGER(PrevTask|LastTrigger|LastRun)}
Task risultato Output: {TASK(PrevTask,StdOut)} - {TASK(PrevTask,StdErr)}
Esito Task: {TASK(PrevTask,Result)}
Esito Job: {JOB(PrevTask|Result)}

Support
2014-04-23T08:18:41Z
{JOB(PrevTask|Result)} is not correct. You can only use Active here. It is TASK where you can use Active or PrevTask.
Henrik
Support
2014-04-23T09:45:28Z
ok, that's right for that, you can notice that I've inserted the same variable using ACTIVE key word and PREVTASK in order to check for result.
Please focus on task results that you can find into txt attached file: there are wasted infos and order number (of the task) is wrong.

in the last post I forget to tell you that I use this notification with the task flow you can find into attached file (on complete - Run Notification).

this log method worked at version 6.0.9, could you please check for it?

thanks a lot
Support
2014-04-23T10:23:54Z
From version 7 you need to switch from Active to PrevTask in TASK because now the Notification inherit from Task. So Active will refer to the Notification and not the previous Task.
Henrik
Support
2014-04-23T12:54:17Z
Hi,
I've discovered that the same notification on Windows 8 has different results than the installation on Windows server 2008; I'm going to investigate this event.

I'll Let you know
2014-04-24T09:26:48Z
Hello!
now it works, thanks a lot.
on my Windows 8 it seems it starts running correctly after installing Windows updates.

here's my variables for filling in Filelog.
thanks again, close the point

**** {COMPUTER(Name)} - {JOB(Active|Name)} ****
>>>> {TASK(PrevTask,Order)} <<<<< {TASK(PrevTask,Name)}
Lista File scaricati/caricati :
{TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFilesNames)} - {TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFilesNames)} ({TASK(PrevTask,Result.DownloadedFiles)}-{TASK(PrevTask,Result.UploadedFiles)})
Task risultato Output: {TASK(PrevTask,StdOut)} - {TASK(PrevTask,StdErr)}
Esito Task: {TASK(Active,Result)} {TASK(PrevTask,Result)}
Support
2014-04-24T09:31:35Z
Thanks for the update!
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top