Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Matthew Moak
2014-04-04T16:28:32Z
I upgraded a VisualCron 5.7.4 instance on Windows Server 2008 to version 7.1.4. We have several Zip tasks (using the Archive - compress function) that zip up daily log files into a single zip archive.

After the upgrade, the Zip task changed its properties from "Append to archive" to "Overwrite archive if existing" and it deleted the contents of the file prior to this run. We lost several days of log files because of this (luckily we had backups or it would have been months).

Once I found the problem, I went in an changed it back to "Append to archive" and it's working as expected again.

When an upgrade is performed, it really should not change this setting, and can cause a loss of data when it does. Can you please check this out?

Thanks,
Matthew Moak
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-04-04T21:14:25Z
You are right. What have been done is that there was one archive Task before which has been split into Compress and Decompress Task. What we are doing is to convert the Task to the new Task types. For some reason the setting (which controls overwrite/append) was not copied over to the new Task. We thank you for the report and have fixed that for the next version.

Sorry if this cause you a lot of problems.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Matthew Moak
2014-04-14T13:23:09Z
Good morning,

I wanted to check with you to see if this did get fixed in the 7.1.5 release? I don't see it listed in the Bug fix section of the notes.

Thanks,

Matthew Moak
Support
2014-04-14T13:41:48Z
Originally Posted by: Matthew Moak 

Good morning,

I wanted to check with you to see if this did get fixed in the 7.1.5 release? I don't see it listed in the Bug fix section of the notes.

Thanks,

Matthew Moak

Yes, this has been fixed in 7.1.5.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Matthew Moak
2014-04-14T13:46:41Z
Great! Thanks for the confirmation.

Matt
Scroll to Top