Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

skepticbelief
2014-10-07T14:42:36Z
Greetings,

I could use some assistance. I’m running into trouble when using WebDav to connect to our sharepoint environment. When trying to connect using a file upload or file download task I receive the following response: “Exception in Task: HTTP error (error code is 401)”.

• VisualCron version 7.2.1
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Connecting to SharePoint using verified active directory credentials
• Attempted with SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 servers
• Can connect successfully from IE using file explorer view
• Tried using authentication types Basic, Digest, and NTLM with no success
• Tried using domain\user and user@domain styles for inputting credentials

I have also tried connecting to our 2010 instance using the SharePoint 2010 connection type. When trying to connect I receive the following response: “Exception in Task: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

• VisualCron version 7.2.1
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Connecting to SharePoint using verified active directory credentials
• Attempted SharePoint 2010 server
• Can connect successfully from IE using file explorer view
• Tried using authentication types Default, Basic, and Form with no success
• Tried using domain\user and user@domain styles for inputting credentials

Any help or guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-10-09T07:28:30Z
401 is some authentication problem. Try experimenting with the Credential that you use. I suggest focusing on the Sharepoint Task.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
skepticbelief
2014-10-10T14:30:06Z
I've tried with 3 sets of credentials that are known to be valid. I am able to log into windows using those credentials and log into sharepoint from a browser with the tested credentials. I've also tried using domain\user and user@domain styles for inputting the credentials with the same results.

We have another server running an older version of windows (2003) and an older version of VisualCron (6.0.8). On this server we are able to connect to both the SharePoint 2007 and the SharePoint 2010 servers using WebDav tasks and the same credentials. This version of VisualCron does not have any options for selecting authentication types.

I've read in older threads that some users had trouble if IIS on the SharePoint server was set to use a mixed mode accepting basic and NTLM authentication. Unfortunately I do not have access to the SharePoint server to check the configuration and in either case would not be able to have changes made on the SharePoint configuration.

So, to fucus on the SharePoint task as you suggested, do you have any insight into the error “Exception in Task: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” ?

Is there a prefered or alternate syntax for the credentials I should try?

Thanks
Support
2014-10-14T08:35:44Z
Should not have to create any alternate syntax but you could try using SERVERNAMEORDOMAIN\USERNAME in username and a blank domain name
Henrik
Support
skepticbelief
2014-10-17T14:25:50Z
No luck, I'm still getting 401 errors. Are there any other ideas?
lolofx
2017-02-14T17:01:54Z
Greetings,

I have the same problem, did you solve it ?
My error is a 403 error, although I use administrator sharepoint credentials
Thanks
Support
2017-02-14T19:00:42Z
Originally Posted by: lolofx 

Greetings,

I have the same problem, did you solve it ?
My error is a 403 error, although I use administrator sharepoint credentials
Thanks

Please send screenshots of settings of Connection and Task to support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top