Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Blickley
2015-04-17T02:57:43Z
Hello:

I am using SSISDB with SQL Server 2014. I setup some SSISDB tasks in VisualCron and the packages execute fine. However, when editing the tasks, I cannot click any of the "Refresh" buttons to populate the folders, projects, etc. If I do, it hangs for a about a minute, then a time out error occurs. The connection to the server is using the MSSQL Server (not oledb or odbc) connection and points to the SSISDB database.

Are there any specific requirements to be able to use those refresh buttons? I don]'t think it is a network security issue since I can fully access the server using other tools, execute the packages, etc.

The attached screenshot shows the error.

Thanks,
Chris

2015-04-16_22-49-55.png
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2015-04-17T06:55:16Z
Could you please go to Server settings and turn on Extended debugging. Then try again. After that please send us log_serverDATE.txt and let us know which of the buttons you pressed. You can send this to support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Tony Santangelo
2016-10-14T13:25:13Z
Hello,

I am having a similar issue however with my issue I am trying to setup our first SSISDB Task, and on the Task configuration screen when we try to select or refresh the folder/Project the same type of error is thrown.

We are running VCron 8.1.0 Build 35899 and our SQL Server and SSIS versions which are installed on the same host as VCron is SQL 2016. Is it possible that VCron does not yet support SQL 2016?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony Santangelo
DBA

Support
2016-10-20T19:41:55Z
Originally Posted by: Tony Santangelo 

Hello,

I am having a similar issue however with my issue I am trying to setup our first SSISDB Task, and on the Task configuration screen when we try to select or refresh the folder/Project the same type of error is thrown.

We are running VCron 8.1.0 Build 35899 and our SQL Server and SSIS versions which are installed on the same host as VCron is SQL 2016. Is it possible that VCron does not yet support SQL 2016?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony Santangelo
DBA

It *should* not matter which SQL version you have in SSISDB Task. What is more important is that you use MSSQL->MSSQL Connection instead of ODBC and OLEDB. But please perform same tests as mentioned before in this post.

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top