Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

thomas
2016-05-25T14:16:48Z
Untitled.png

We would like this for email triggers also please 🙂
ie Right click - triggers - when mail arrives - fire

Thomas

Sponsor
Forum information
al355
2016-05-25T16:05:30Z
I had not seen this feature, what does this do? You can already run a job on an ad hoc basis, does this simulate the trigger firing?
thomas
2016-05-25T16:12:34Z
That's what I hope it does. Sometimes we see emails in the inbox, and we're in a hurry to import the attachment. If I just run the job, it won't fetch the email, you have to wait for the trigger to fire. Unless I'm missing something

Thomas
bbusse
2016-05-25T16:13:03Z
Originally Posted by: al355 

I had not seen this feature, what does this do? You can already run a job on an ad hoc basis, does this simulate the trigger firing?

Agreed. I'm not sure what we're talking about here. I can't imagine that working for an e-mail trigger, if the job uses any bit of information from the e-mail (that doesn't exist) to launch the job.

Brian
Support
2016-05-25T16:14:25Z
The manual Fire Trigger right click processes any existing files (according to filters).
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2016-05-25T16:15:13Z
Exactly. So I want it to process existing emails
al355
2016-05-25T16:16:31Z
So rather than wait for the trigger to fire you can fire it manually?
thomas
2016-05-25T16:17:47Z
Yes that's what I would like
Support
2016-05-25T16:22:56Z
The reason we put it there was to simulate something. For example if new files have come while the server was off. This is valid for File Triggers but for Email Trigger is not the same because it will always react on new emails when starting up. File Trigger will not react on old files.
Henrik
Support
thomas
2016-05-25T16:36:58Z
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Let's say you have an email trigger set to look for new email every 5 minutes. So every five minutes it will look for new emails, and run the job if newmail = true. In a busy period I see a new mail in the inbox, and quickly need to import the attachment. Running the job does not work (I have tried). Why couldn't right clicking and firing the trigger do exactly the same as a trigger interval?
Support
2016-05-25T20:10:01Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Let's say you have an email trigger set to look for new email every 5 minutes. So every five minutes it will look for new emails, and run the job if newmail = true. In a busy period I see a new mail in the inbox, and quickly need to import the attachment. Running the job does not work (I have tried). Why couldn't right clicking and firing the trigger do exactly the same as a trigger interval?

Yes, this could be a way (even though it works somewhat differently) to implement this.
Henrik
Support
thomas
2016-05-25T20:33:34Z
Ok thanks. If it's not a huge effort you could consider it, but it's not critical. Today I change the frequency of the trigger when I need something to happen quickly, but it is not ideal to change production settings.
al355
2016-05-26T09:04:06Z
After thinking about it we would like this also as we have reduced our poll intervals to reduce load on our email server but occasionally we get asked to push something through quickly.

Not urgent but definitely nice to have
Scroll to Top