Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

DJacobsen
2017-03-02T20:34:52Z
I am trying to execute an 'executable' task which should execute BCP.exe with a specific set of arguments defined by the jobs current variables. However it is always failing. It works if I type the argument directly into the field. So it seems that VisualCron doesn't parse the variables out in the Arguments field of an executable task.

Is there a way around this?
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-03-03T08:44:55Z
You can use Variables in all fields. But it seems like the Variable you use does not contain what you expect at that specific moment. Try writing it to file through the File write Task to confirm.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
DJacobsen
2017-03-03T16:16:12Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

You can use Variables in all fields. But it seems like the Variable you use does not contain what you expect at that specific moment. Try writing it to file through the File write Task to confirm.

Doh!

Didn't think to take the same values and writing it to a file. I was missing a '}'

Thanks.
DJacobsen
2017-03-06T15:01:16Z
Hello,

Another question and it's related to this. Is it possible to set up an SFTP connection that uses variables for it's address, username and password?
I tried setting some User defined variables and then using those in the SFTP Connection Object, {USERVAR(SFTPAddress)}, but when opening the connection in Explorer I got this error:

Connect->ObjectDumper: Address=TranslateVariables->Unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. on string: {USERVAR(SFTPAddress)}

Is it possible to use variables in a connection object?
Scroll to Top