Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

BGASD
  •  BGASD
  • No customer Topic Starter
2017-03-27T08:55:43Z
Good Morning Forum

I wonder if anyone can answer \ shed light on what I'm sure is a pretty straight forward question ??
I run numerous VCron scheduled jobs which in the main run as they should. I have however come across an option that when selected impacts on all other jobs.

If I open a task and select the 2nd tab along next to "Main Settings" which is called "Condition", then within that select the 2nd tab called "Visual Cron" the top option is called "Condition Check Object". This option has 2 bullet points to choose from 1 - Auto (previous task or job) 2 - Specific (Where you choose another Job Name).

If I select "Specific (Say Job A) it then makes this default for all my other tasks even though I have 50 or so to choose from I can only select 1 which applies across the board. So in effect if I go in to job B, change this setting to suit job B then it runs fine, but Job A fails.

As I never initially setup the VCron application within the company I am starting from scratch, and so learning how best to use the software and trying to understand how and why some options were selected.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
DD

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-03-27T14:08:20Z
Yes, this is on purpose, Conditions, like many other objects like Time exceptions, Credentials, Certificates are global - so you can reuse them.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top