Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

phaedon
2017-04-19T15:07:49Z
Hi, I am using VisualCron 8.2.5 and I am new as a user. I want to read an Excel file and then fill in specific form fields on a website.

I have used the command Excel - Get cell to read the file's data. I used web macro to capture the steps and everything seems to work fine. When I press "play" and the steps get to the point where the page contains the date fields it waits, as if no data have been entered. The fields contain jscript. I have tried to write the date on my own during the record process and also to use the date picker. First I want to know how can I capture the input on those fields. Second I want to ask you how can I give on the fields the value of a parameter?

If I navigate to the steps, find the start date field and press Edit, then on the source tab, relative field is the following : #ctl00_ctl00_SystemContentPane_ContentPlaceHolderContent_WizardEnterAbsence_RadDatePickerStartDate_dateInput

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG
Sponsor
Forum information
phaedon
2017-04-20T10:11:03Z
From what I have noticed during my research, when a web site has field to enter date, then the following error comes up on the web macro
ErrorWebMacro: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null ( found it on the debugger)

Is there a way to bypass this error?
Support
2017-04-20T11:29:41Z
Originally Posted by: phaedon 

From what I have noticed during my research, when a web site has field to enter date, then the following error comes up on the web macro
ErrorWebMacro: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null ( found it on the debugger)

Is there a way to bypass this error?

Do you have a sample website where this can be reproduced?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
phaedon
Support
2017-04-25T14:10:31Z
phaedon
2017-04-25T14:42:52Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Please try this build: http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=7249 

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried it on our company site and on www.airtickets.gr  to be sure.

Support
2017-05-01T18:13:50Z
phaedon
2017-05-08T13:33:00Z
Hello again! I tried the new build and it works like a charm with date picker. It has a problem when I am trying to write in the field ( again as a test site www.airtickets.co.uk  ) . Probably it is a jscript thing. I imagine, that when you are writing something in the field, ie. London as Destination, the webpage triggers something and a particular jscript must be executing and brings up the results. When you do it through web macro, i think the webpage can't understand which jscript to execute and that's why it can't proceed. Don't know if that can be fixed. But, with the date picker working, i might record the steps as they are and afterwards i can try with visualcron to change the date through SQL.
Support
2017-05-10T07:50:58Z

Hello again! I tried the new build and it works like a charm with date picker. It has a problem when I am trying to write in the field ( again as a test site www.airtickets.co.uk  ) . Probably it is a jscript thing. I imagine, that when you are writing something in the field, ie. London as Destination, the webpage triggers something and a particular jscript must be executing and brings up the results. When you do it through web macro, i think the webpage can't understand which jscript to execute and that's why it can't proceed. Don't know if that can be fixed. But, with the date picker working, i might record the steps as they are and afterwards i can try with visualcron to change the date through SQL.

Can you give an example field you write in?
Henrik
Support
phaedon
2017-05-10T08:07:57Z
I made a few screenshots of the steps. I am opening now a site www.airtickets.co.uk . When you type in the departure city, the airport, it shows a drop down menu and you can choose or you can simply type the airport code and it understands it. The same on the destination airport. The steps are captured, but when you press to preview the steps, then while it does the typing of the airport departure, it doesn't understand the text you have entered. So it stays there and waits for the step timeout to finish without doing anything. From what I have seen in those fields there is a javascript triggered when you write in the field and when you choose something.

Capture4.JPG Capture1.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture2.JPG
Support
2017-05-12T07:02:02Z
phaedon
2017-05-12T07:21:33Z
With this version installed (8.2.7) , I have the problem described in the previous post.
Support
2017-05-12T11:44:30Z

With this version installed (8.2.7) , I have the problem described in the previous post.

It is a new build. Please re-download and re-install.
Henrik
Support
phaedon
2017-05-24T08:00:03Z
Hello, It works with the date picker with no problem. Unfortunately, when I am trying to write a value on the field it doesn't work properly. But I think I will do it by using webmacro with date picker and afterwards I will make modifications to the SQL database.
Thank you very much for the help and quick responses! Have a nice day!
Scroll to Top