Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

rprastein
2011-12-21T23:44:18Z
We have a number of jobs set up with failure notification e-mails for individual tasks. Most of these work fine - all of the e-mails are addressed to one person: me.

However, there is one notification that is defined to e-mail three people in the event of task failure, and it finally got triggered this week when we deployed a new job. It is being bounced with an SMTP 501 error, 5.1.3 Invalid address.

I have tried configuring the recipients list in each of the following ways, and none succeeds:

name1@domain.com, name2@domain.com, name3@domain.com
name1@domain.com,name2@domain.com,name3@domain.com
<name1@domain.com>,<name2@domain.com>,<name3@domainlcom>
<name1@domain.com>;<name2@domain.com>;<name3@domain.com>
name1@domain.com name2@domain.com name3@domain.com
name1@domain.com [this one works]

The ones with the <> delimiters seem to get three bounce errors.

As an aside, the default settings for e-mail include a to: with just my e-mail address.
I'm running on Windows XP.

Am I missing something with the syntax for multiple recipients?
Do I need a newer version of VisualCron?

Thanks,

Rebeccah
Sponsor
Forum information
rprastein
2011-12-22T00:25:07Z
Followup: Just needed to try one more combination - semicolons with no angle brackets seems to work, as in:

name1@domain.com; name2@domain.com; name3@domain.com

We have an Exchange server, I don't know if that makes any difference, and I don't know if our SMTP relay is part of Exchange. I know Exchange likes semicolons instead of commas.

Anyway, I'm leaving the original post in case anyone else is having issues with specifying multiple e-mail recipients, since I didn't see it documented in the Help.

Rebeccah
Support
2011-12-22T15:12:56Z
Thanks, yes, brackets won't work. I am moving this to feature requests so we will "wash" out any brackets before sending in the future.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top