Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Poll Question : Next OS/tablet/phone for the VisualCron Client?

Total: 80

Support
2013-10-22T12:47:43Z
If you could have a simple VisualCron Client for your phone or tablet - which operative system would be most interesting for you?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
bweston
2013-11-05T16:02:18Z
Maemo.

I should note, however, that in this case "most interesting" does not correlate to "most useful." I would LOVE to have something done in QT that could be released across Maemo, Meego, Mer, Sailfish, Ubuntu Touch...possibly other things...but for practical purposes for my team, Android would be more useful.
dkocur
2014-03-06T19:21:06Z
I'm not sure how useful a client would be on a mobile device, but if a mobile client could "receive" notifications and popup a local alert on the device, that would be good. Currently, we're sending notifications to our iPhones via a text message. While that works, something a little more "in your face" like a siren going off would be nice. 😁
Support
2014-03-06T20:46:56Z
Originally Posted by: dkocur 

I'm not sure how useful a client would be on a mobile device, but if a mobile client could "receive" notifications and popup a local alert on the device, that would be good. Currently, we're sending notifications to our iPhones via a text message. While that works, something a little more "in your face" like a siren going off would be nice. 😁

You have the XendApp Task that can send a message to a iPhone/Android device.
Henrik
Support
howeyun
2014-03-19T21:03:02Z
Not shown above but an HTML5 web client would be awesome...
bbusse
2014-03-20T01:31:22Z
Originally Posted by: howeyun 

Not shown above but an HTML5 web client would be awesome...

I completely agree with this. I know 'a' Web Client was kinda being worked on at some point, but that was back in the 6.x version and i don't know if any traction has been made with that. I really do believe that this should be the focus, via HTML5, which would mean multi-platform compatible.

We'd like to use it for a lightweight dashboard of sorts still on a PC for our operations center vs having a full client. But regardless, i think a web client would be extremely useful.
ErikC
2014-03-20T08:35:34Z
Hi,

I voted for the iPhone, as I have this device.

But do I not need this? The current client as is, is functional for me enough.
I prefer more to have developement in a stable server / client, than an extra client with some basic functionality for a portable device. Stay focussed on the current server / client combination.

So I see this more as a friday afternoon project to play with. 😊
Does this makes me the baddy?

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
bbusse
2014-03-20T13:47:58Z
Originally Posted by: ErikC 

So I see this more as a friday afternoon project to play with. 😊
Does this makes me the baddy?

Regards,
Erik

I'm sorry, I can no longer respect your opinion. Haha. Nahh, doesen't make you bad for wanting the core product to be better vs a possibly nice to have mobile client.

It's the right way to think.

Brian
dkocur
2014-03-25T22:17:17Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Originally Posted by: dkocur 

You have the XendApp Task that can send a message to a iPhone/Android device.

I didn't know what XendApp was, so I had completely overlooked that. It looks interesting. I'll definitely play around with it. Thanks!
Support
2014-03-27T13:33:08Z
Ok, some feedback about Clients. We agree that some web client should be implemented and we will focus on the one we have started with already at https://visualcronwebclient.codeplex.com/ 

The difference will be:

1. we will add support for installing IIS Express locally which will act as the web server for the WebClient applicatoin
2. we will add support for registering and deregistering the WebClient in IIS Express
3. we will improve with more features in the web client
4. we will improve the UI for the web client

Then, we might create a hybrid app for each mobile phone, using the web client as base. The purpose of the hybrid app is to have a quick link from the phone and maybe providing some extra features like Notifications.

That being said we need more feedback what is important to be implemented first. There is a long way to go to have any Task editing capabilities - to keep up with the thick WinForms client so the goal is instead to provide the basics for controlling the server, running jobs, deactivating, activating etc. Then add support for viewing Job and Audit logs. Then adding support for viewing various objects like all Credentials, Connections etc.

Please let us know what you feel is important to add.
Henrik
Support
al355
2014-04-15T18:24:43Z
Although a web client would be nice, we don't particularly see the need for this as the installed client is relatively lightweight.

A reporting only web client which shows statuses on jobs and maybe lets you re-run them would be a nice to have but I feel that core product improvements would be a better way to spend development time.
Support
2015-04-10T13:45:34Z
Please test the new Web Client in this version: http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=4907 

Leave any feedback in that forum post. Thank you.
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top