Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Brad C.
2017-11-02T11:41:42Z
Hello all!

I am slowly trying to rid my brain of using Powershell for all of the heavy lifting, and just using VisualCron to execute it on a scheduled basis. This is, of course, because of the comprehensive tasks available and the power of credential management.

One of the "Jobs" I am looking at right now is going to involve using a SOAP-based Web Service to a very old MOSS (Free Sharepoint) system to retrieve a List and its contents. I'm able to utilize the SOAP web service rather easily through C# and Powershell.

And then I was excited to see that, of course, VisualCron has a WebService/WCF task capable of calling Web Services as well.

Connecting to the URL and discovering the Classes and Methods worked fantastically! This is going to be great for our non-programming staff! But, when it gives me the parameters, there are three of them that of the System.Xml.XmlNode data type. When I double-click on them to set them, I get a screen like the one below, but do not seem to be able to modify anything. Am I missing something, or is there a way that I can set those values to make the request?

VisualCron-Screenshot.jpg

Appreciate the help!

-Brad
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-11-02T11:57:35Z
Hi Brad, we will investigate this and get back to you!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2017-11-15T15:42:49Z
Scroll to Top