Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2018-03-12T14:00:10Z
Changes so far in this version;

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Folders->Group your Jobs into folders
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Delete file(s) Task->Added Secure delete functionality
[FEATURE] Server: SFTP/SCP->Added debugging
[FEATURE] Server: Web macro Task->Added debugging
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Azure Service Bus (through AMQP) Trigger and Send message Task for that
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added RabbitMQ (through AMQP) Trigger and Send message Task for that
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added password rules for authentication
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added HTTP Status Code result Variable
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SSH Connection->Added Terminal type selection
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SSH/SFTP Connection->Added MAC algorithm selection
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Slack Trigger and Send message Task for that
[FEATURE] Client/Server: VMWare Tasks->Added new web service API (replacement for VIX) for VMWare Server Tasks
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Remote file Trigger->Added "Treat unknown types as files" option
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task->New Sync file(s) Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Interactive logon->Handled LogOut event
[BUGFIX] Server: Office365->Fixed a missing dll
[BUGFIX] Server: Execute Task->Fixed memory leak (access denied)
[BUGFIX] Server: Web macro Task->Fixed issue with playing back List item selection
[BUGFIX] Server: SSH Task->Added non-zero exception and fixed so it fails on first <<failing command
[BUGFIX] Server: SSRS Task->Fixed use of Variables in parameters
[BUGFIX] Server: Web macro Task->Fixed issue with playing back radiobox item selection
[BUGFIX] Server: Azure - web*->Fixed Connection validation issue
[BUGFIX] Client: Delete XML Node->Fixed issue typing file name manually (to use Variables)
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: SSH/SFTP Connection->Fixed issue with key exchange algorithm selection
[BUGFIX] Server: Print Task->Fixed issue printing specific page(s
[BUGFIX] Server: Rename file(s) Task->Fixed issue with long path
[BUGFIX] Server: Copy file(s) Task->Fixed a potential lock
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: Email Trigger->Fixed folder selection tree
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: Email Trigger->Fixed a potential problem with TLS security "Cannot create secure channel"
[BUGFIX] Server: SSH Task->Send text->Faster exit of Task
[BUGFIX] Server: HTTP Task->Fixed a problem with Variable translation in form parameters
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed FIPS compliance for some algorithms
[BUGFIX] Server: Web service Task->Fixed Windows authentication issue
[BUGFIX] Server: AD - Create group->Fixed error with creating right group type

NOTE: Please note that this build breaks login for previous beta 8.3.5. The reason is improved security to support FIPS. If you use VC authentication you need to resest users. You do this by stopping VC service and deleting users.xml and usergroups.xml. Then start the VC service.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
wam
2018-03-23T17:49:42Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

[BUGFIX] Server: Execute Task->Fixed memory leak (access denied)

Thanks. Memory leak seems to be fixed. Thank you, Henrik!

Edit: Although, I do notice if I bulk de-activate jobs, although the Temp folder gets cleaned up, the UI's job status can get stuck at 99%. Seems unrelated as the Temp folder gets emptied. Closing and r-opening the client fixes the problem, indicating it is a caching issue.

Job19StatusStuckAt99Percent.PNG (1,028kb) downloaded 70 time(s).

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Folders->Group your Jobs into folders

This seems incredibly useful. Can you update API example code for using this?
Brad C.
2018-04-12T14:24:43Z
Very exciting news about the AMQP additions! This will enable our development staff to quit making Windows Services simply for handling a RabbitMQ message! Great job VisualCron team!
argentiere
2018-04-18T09:57:38Z
Any idea of a release date for 8.3.5?
Support
2018-04-18T11:48:04Z
Originally Posted by: argentiere 

We are currently completing development of Password rules. After that we will release. Hopefully by the end of next week.
Henrik
Support
wam
2018-04-18T15:11:39Z

We are currently completing development of Password rules. After that we will release. Hopefully by the end of next week.

That's great news! I will tell our IT to plan for it the week of April 30-May 4th.
Dale-B
2018-04-19T01:20:02Z
The AMQP - Send message task sounds fantastic! Unfortunately, I can only get it to work if I enable AMQP 1.0 on my RabbitMQ service. Attempting to send a message without AMQP 1.0 enabled results in the following error:
Quote:

Exception in Task: The protocol requested by peer '0 0 9 1' does not match expected '3 1 0 0'. Make sure both sides agree on protocol id and version.

The services consuming messages from my RabbitMQ queues do not support AMQP 1.0. Is there any way to send messages using the AMQP 0.9.1 protocol?
Support
2018-04-19T12:14:01Z
Originally Posted by: Dale-B 

The AMQP - Send message task sounds fantastic! Unfortunately, I can only get it to work if I enable AMQP 1.0 on my RabbitMQ service. Attempting to send a message without AMQP 1.0 enabled results in the following error:

Quote:

Exception in Task: The protocol requested by peer '0 0 9 1' does not match expected '3 1 0 0'. Make sure both sides agree on protocol id and version.

The services consuming messages from my RabbitMQ queues do not support AMQP 1.0. Is there any way to send messages using the AMQP 0.9.1 protocol?

Unfortunately, it is not psosible to support that older version. The protocol is completely different.
Henrik
Support
Matthew Sokol
2018-04-30T20:06:04Z
Any chance you can elaborate on this one:

I think I may have run into a similar issue but trying to pinpoint if this would have solved it.
Support
2018-05-01T08:41:13Z
Originally Posted by: Matthew Sokol 

Any chance you can elaborate on this one:

I think I may have run into a similar issue but trying to pinpoint if this would have solved it.

In a specific scenario the Copy files Task could run forever waiting for a thread to complete.

Henrik
Support
wam
2018-05-09T17:22:59Z
Originally Posted by: wam 

That's great news! I will tell our IT to plan for it the week of April 30-May 4th.

Hi Henrik,

How close are you to a release?
Support
2018-05-10T14:47:39Z

Hi Henrik,

How close are you to a release?

It has been delayed due to some new findings in new Password rules. We aim for next week. Thanks!
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2018-05-18T07:29:48Z
Hi,

In 8.3.4 if you create(rename) a group in a connection you have to close the 'Manage Connection' window and reopen it to see the change. This should be on the fily after you OK the 'Add/Edit Connection' window.

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2018-05-18T13:24:44Z
Originally Posted by: ErikC 

Hi,

In 8.3.4 if you create(rename) a group in a connection you have to close the 'Manage Connection' window and reopen it to see the change. This should be on the fily after you OK the 'Add/Edit Connection' window.

Regards,
Erik

Thanks, we have fixed this in the latest build.
Henrik
Support
westede
2018-06-05T11:23:00Z
Any Updates for the release date?
Support
2018-06-05T17:10:59Z
We have released 8.3.5 today. Thanks for testing!
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top