Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Stefan
2018-08-07T20:49:24Z
Hey,

I have 4 servers that will run various VC jobs and i want to give my users the ability to view their jobs tart stop and that's where the Web Client Comes in.

I could install the IIS client on each server then make them AD auth for the domain users, but that would mean that you have 4 separate URL links to worry about kind of messy.

Could i make this easier in, i already have an IIS cluster separately for the MS RD Web Connectivity that i am using and can front that by a Load balancer. Would i need to deploy VC to the IIS servers install the web client on both, i then could disable VC on both servers.

Can i then simply make each server connectable and create a server connection for the users to select the server they need?

Is there any cleaner way to simply have their jobs listed and then i can restrict who can see what jobs?? Just a Big list of jobs that is pulled from all servers?
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2018-08-09T16:52:10Z
You can install on one server and in Web Client setup remote connections to remote server. That way IIS on the first server will connect to remote instances of VC (without IIS).
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Stefan
2018-08-15T13:10:59Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

You can install on one server and in Web Client setup remote connections to remote server. That way IIS on the first server will connect to remote instances of VC (without IIS).

Hi,

Cheers I worked on that and deployed it to an IIS cluster.

The question i have now is the software loads up and then you can connect to the relevant server with the jobs scheduled on it but the drop down menu where you add server connections that disappears everytime you reload the page. Is there a way of adding default Active Directory (AD) server connections for anyone that opens the page, or at least making it persistent. Its annoying how you have to add the connection every time.

Cheers
Scroll to Top