Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

jrtwynam
2019-02-15T15:26:35Z
Hi,

We have VC installed on a virtual machine acting as a server, and I have the client installed on my laptop. Until recently, I was able to log into the VC server from my laptop using my active directory credentials, but now it's giving me an error that says "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". When I remote desktop into the server and open the client from there, it works fine.

I did change my AD password recently, so I thought that might have something to do with it, but I'm not sure. I don't see anywhere where I can tell VC to refresh the AD credentials or something.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-02-18T14:57:03Z
Sounds like a firewall issue or that wrong port is used. What if you RDP to server and create a _remote_ Connection - but to the local IP. Does that work Connecting?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
jrtwynam
2019-02-21T19:27:19Z
I just tried remote desktopping into the server and creating a connection to the computer using the computer name (i.e. the same way I have it set up on my laptop client). That way won't connect even when remoted into the server. I also created a connection to 127.0.0.1, and that one worked fine. My usual connection when remoted into the server is simply to localhost. But when I go into the server settings in the Main tab, it says "firewall allows". I had previously had a couple of issues where the server inexplicably gets switched to "firewall denies", which prevents me from connecting from my laptop's client, but when I remote into the server and click that button so it says "firewall allows", that problem gets fixed. This time, that's not working.
Support
2019-02-22T08:44:40Z
Try with telnet to the remote name on port 16444 to see what happens.
Henrik
Support
jrtwynam
2019-02-22T14:41:24Z
It gave me an error saying "software caused connection abort".

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
     │                        • MobaXterm 10.4 •                          │
     │            (SSH client, X-server and networking tools)             │
     │                                                                    │
     │ ➤ Telnet session to <remote computer name>                                  │
     │ ➤ Your DISPLAY is set to xx.xx.xx.xx:0.0                        │
     │ ➤ For more info, ctrl+click on help or visit our website           │
     └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Session stopped
    - Press <return> to exit tab
    - Press R to restart session
    - Press S to save terminal output to file

Network error: Software caused connection abort

I also tried SSH, but that didn't do anything - it just sat there with a black screen.
thomas
2019-02-22T14:50:44Z
If you ping the server (or anything else eg google), do you get request timeouts?
jrtwynam
2019-02-22T15:20:36Z
Nope, the ping returns results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\[my user name]>ping <computer name>

Pinging <computer name> [xx.xx.xx.xx] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=122
Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xx.xx.xx.xx:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 4ms
Support
2019-02-22T19:35:32Z
Originally Posted by: jrtwynam 

It gave me an error saying "software caused connection abort".

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
     │                        • MobaXterm 10.4 •                          │
     │            (SSH client, X-server and networking tools)             │
     │                                                                    │
     │ ➤ Telnet session to <remote computer name>                                  │
     │ ➤ Your DISPLAY is set to xx.xx.xx.xx:0.0                        │
     │ ➤ For more info, ctrl+click on help or visit our website           │
     └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Session stopped
    - Press <return> to exit tab
    - Press R to restart session
    - Press S to save terminal output to file

Network error: Software caused connection abort

I also tried SSH, but that didn't do anything - it just sat there with a black screen.

Please try with telnet software that is built in Windows. I am not used to result of other software. Please send screenshot result of that.

Henrik
Support
jrtwynam
2019-02-22T19:42:30Z
That gave the same result - just a black screen:

2019-02-22_14-41-08.jpg
jrtwynam
2019-04-04T13:08:26Z
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has an answer to this. I'm still having the issue. I can use the VC client when remoted into the server, but today we ran into another problem - two of us on my team needed to use VC, but only one of us can use it at a time because we both have this connection issue, and only one of us can remote in at a time.
jrtwynam
2019-04-04T13:10:53Z
Is there an easy way to move this post to the General Problem Solving forum? I noticed it's in the Installation/Upgrade forum, probably because I did a search for this issue and just replied to a previous post.
Scroll to Top