Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Rogier
2019-03-06T13:42:19Z
Connection failed.JPG

Hello,

i have about 200 jobs all with specific mailtriggers with an polling interval from 60 seconds. I receive a lot of notifications that the connection failed on specific triggers/jobs.

What have i done wrong and how to solve this problem with these notifications.

Thanks for your help.

Rogier
Sponsor
Forum information
Rogier
2019-03-06T14:11:17Z
For now i solved this with 2 settings.

connection failed 1.JPG

and

connection failed 2.JPG

That solves the notifications for now
Support
2019-03-07T10:43:04Z
Ok, so you don't want to be notified when this happens?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Rogier
2019-03-07T13:27:03Z
Hello Henrik,

i would but this were so many notifications that i can't work anymore. more then 200 jobs wich chacks every 60 seconds if there is an email from specific mail adresses. If there is no mail from this mailadres i receive this notifications. So i choose to turn of this notifications for now,

Do you have a better solution for this issue?

Rogier
Support
2019-03-07T14:28:49Z
Originally Posted by: Rogier 

Hello Henrik,

i would but this were so many notifications that i can't work anymore. more then 200 jobs wich chacks every 60 seconds if there is an email from specific mail adresses. If there is no mail from this mailadres i receive this notifications. So i choose to turn of this notifications for now,

Do you have a better solution for this issue?

Rogier

Not sure I understand. This message only popups up if there is a Connection issue. If you fix the Connection issue it should not appear. I am not sure I understand the problem?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
jrtwynam
2019-04-04T13:35:09Z
I have 6 or 7 jobs that have email triggers, all using the same IMAP connection. Most of the time, they work nicely, but I do occasionally get a connection error just like the ones stated before in this thread. I'm not sure it's a problem with VC - I think it might be a problem with the mail server. I can't really prove that, so it'd be nice to be able to find out for sure, but I would think that the mail server might have a setting that says something like "if there are X connection attempts within Y seconds for the same account, block them" in order to prevent DOS attacks. With 200 jobs all checking every 60 seconds, the extreme scenario is that all 200 of them check at exactly the same time. I'm not sure how the mail server would react to that.
Scroll to Top