Community forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Support  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 10:29:52 AM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Changes so far in this version:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Task manager with CPU usage per Job / Task etc.
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SSIS Task->Added support for SQL server 2017
[FEATURE] Client/Server: WebDAV->Added List files Task and file filters for WebDAV Tasks
[FEATURE] Client/Server: FTP/Cloud/WebDAV->Added Get folders Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: VisualCron Trigger->Added option to ignore the current Job
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: Amazon S3->Folder selection fixes
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: SFTP/SSH default cipher changes
[BUGFIX] Server: Email Trigger->Fixed "Keep connection" issue
[BUGFIX] Server: Email Task/Notification->Fixed issues with truncating email recipient
[BUGFIX] Server: File Trigger->Fixed issue with folder exclusion and using full path
[BUGFIX] Client: Backup settings->Fixed missing option for "Task repository objects"
[BUGFIX] Client: Unlock desktop Task->Fixed Credential validation error
[BUGFIX] Server: Variables->Fixed issue with Task->Connection string Variable
[BUGFIX] Server: .NET Code Task/Assembly Execute Task->Fixed character encoding issue
[BUGFIX] Server: Job folders->Fixed issues with Job folders
[BUGFIX] Server: Output->Handled large output issues
[BUGFIX] Server: XML - Create/Edit node->Fixed Variable resolving issues
[BUGFIX] WebClient: Fixed various issues with reworked code (speed, flickering)

VisualCron8.5.2.exe (206,053kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2019 11:08:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com
Please like VisualCron on facebook!
Offline keithdavis  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:54:45 PM(UTC)
keithdavis

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Not sure where to put this post, but a big problem with 8.5.2 beta. Hard to explain, but we have a script that runs a MySQL command to verify replication is running correctly on a slave:

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c c:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u xxxxxxxxxxxxx --password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -e "show slave status \G" | find "Slave_SQL_Running:"

For years, this has worked without a problem and takes about 2 seconds to complete, but when I installed 8.5.2 to address https://www.visualcron.c...aspx?g=posts&t=9521, now the script sometimes takes up to 5 minutes, and not even sure what it is doing, but then fails about 25% of the time. Based on my testing, the command line is hanging as standard read and standard output error are both blank. I downgraded back to 8.5.1 and works normally again.
Offline Support  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:24:22 AM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Originally Posted by: keithdavis Go to Quoted Post
Not sure where to put this post, but a big problem with 8.5.2 beta. Hard to explain, but we have a script that runs a MySQL command to verify replication is running correctly on a slave:

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c c:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u xxxxxxxxxxxxx --password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -e "show slave status \G" | find "Slave_SQL_Running:"

For years, this has worked without a problem and takes about 2 seconds to complete, but when I installed 8.5.2 to address https://www.visualcron.c...aspx?g=posts&t=9521, now the script sometimes takes up to 5 minutes, and not even sure what it is doing, but then fails about 25% of the time. Based on my testing, the command line is hanging as standard read and standard output error are both blank. I downgraded back to 8.5.1 and works normally again.

Interesting. So I assume this is the execute Task you are using? Can you attach screenshots of settings?

This Task - does it normally have large output? How large?

How long time is this Task running?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com
Please like VisualCron on facebook!
Offline keithdavis  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 2:19:11 PM(UTC)
keithdavis

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My description was not accurate. Let me start over. Actually, this is a hard one to explain. VisualCron runs a script (AutoIt), which runs the command (as a batch file) that I indicated. The issue appears to be that this command in 8.5.2, my script won't capture the output, but in 8.5.1, this works fine.

Quote:
So I assume this is the execute Task you are using?

Yes, sorry, Execute task.

Quote:
Can you attach screenshots of settings?

Annotation 2019-06-17 063618.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-17 063636.jpg

Quote:
This Task - does it normally have large output? How large?

The task itself has no output - all of this is done in a script (capturing the output and notifying if a failure).

Quote:
How long time is this Task running?

In 8.5.1, 2 seconds, in 8.5.2, 5 minutes, but that is because the script is looping through the command due to not capturing any output.

I'm wondering if this a logon issue. We run the VC service as a special domain admin user, rather than having to maintain credentials on 100's of tasks. Maybe 8.5.2 is not handling this the same? Though this server has 100 jobs, and none of the others are having issues.

I just upgraded the server back to 8.5.2 to capture more info for you, but now it's not happening. It was inconsistent before. In fact, after I upgraded, to 8.5.2 the first time, it worked fine for a couple of days and then suddenly started to fail, becoming more consistent in failing over time. Note the time changes around 6/12 to consistently about 1.8 seconds to up to 5 minutes before I downgraded back to 8.5.1 on 6/14.

Annotation 2019-06-17 071604.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-17 071722.jpg

I know this is a tough one. In fact, now that I think about the fact that it does not fail until about 2 days after installation means it can't be a logon issue. I have no idea.