Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Lynchie
2019-09-12T10:57:40Z
Hi,

Is it possible to do a Loop for each XML element in VisualCron?

Essentially wish to loop through an XML document and fire off via HTTP Send. Could do this by doing SQL select to get each XML node but wondering if I can cut that bit out and just use a VC loop.

Cheers
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-09-13T16:33:24Z
Originally Posted by: Lynchie 

Hi,

Is it possible to do a Loop for each XML element in VisualCron?

Essentially wish to loop through an XML document and fire off via HTTP Send. Could do this by doing SQL select to get each XML node but wondering if I can cut that bit out and just use a VC loop.

Cheers

Through a task named XML-Read node, with an Xpath where you can create a query that will return several answers, which you can then loop
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Lynchie
2019-09-24T14:31:11Z
Hi Michael,

That much I gathered however you cannot choose XML as a method in "Task Loop" you have a For X to Y, While X and For Each X In Y there isn't any method to loop XML elements retrieved by an XML-Read Node.

You also cannot use the For Each X and Y because the Read-XML does not return each element as a row but as a single row all together.

Regards,
Support
2019-09-25T10:26:36Z
Originally Posted by: Lynchie 

Hi Michael,

That much I gathered however you cannot choose XML as a method in "Task Loop" you have a For X to Y, While X and For Each X In Y there isn't any method to loop XML elements retrieved by an XML-Read Node.

You also cannot use the For Each X and Y because the Read-XML does not return each element as a row but as a single row all together.

Regards,

No, but you use the XML Read Node Task with an XPath query that returns all elements first. Then you use that output for loop.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top