Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

CraigP
2019-11-19T12:49:13Z
Hi Everyone,

As part of a documentation project, I'm looking for a way to find all the email addresses used in all job notifications. I did find the Job Report, which will show me all the tasks that use email, but it doesn't show me the job details. I have to go into every job manually.

Is there a different place that's able to report on job details, and that can present those results in a searchable fashion? What I'm used to is a way to connect to the job storage, so that I can pull from the fields that contain an email address, for example, and then query an alpha list of all those addresses.

I'm not sure what I'm missing - Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Craig
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-11-19T14:45:41Z
Originally Posted by: CraigP 

Hi Everyone,

As part of a documentation project, I'm looking for a way to find all the email addresses used in all job notifications. I did find the Job Report, which will show me all the tasks that use email, but it doesn't show me the job details. I have to go into every job manually.

Is there a different place that's able to report on job details, and that can present those results in a searchable fashion? What I'm used to is a way to connect to the job storage, so that I can pull from the fields that contain an email address, for example, and then query an alpha list of all those addresses.

I'm not sure what I'm missing - Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Craig

Hi Craig,
I suggest you go to Tools --> Object search/Object relations, and you should be able to search and find all relations related.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
CraigP
2019-11-19T14:51:05Z
Thank you Michael - I see that I can search for all jobs that use an email address, but like the Job Report, I still need to open each job individually in order to see what the email address is. This can get pretty cumbersome with hundreds of jobs. Looking at the object names is potentially handy, but since those are typed in manually, they can vary quite a bit in their usefulness.

One of the things I'm trying to do is make a list of all email addresses used, so that it's easier to tell which jobs need to be updated when a person leaves the company. If I'm missing a portion of the Object Search features, please let me know.
Support
2019-11-19T15:19:54Z
Some feedback:

1. everything can be done through the VisualCron API - you can extract whatever you want. It just requires some programming skills
2. to turn this into a Feature request we can only suggest Generic solutions - solutions that will fit all. One would be to add a column to the result that contains the full text where it found the match. For example, if you had a To adress containing: support@visualcron.com;sales@visualcron.com and you searched on @visualcron.com the field would contain "support@visualcron.com;sales@visualcron.com". On the other hand if you also had a field like the Job name "This Job sends email to support@visualcron.com" the field would contain that full text as well. This is a suggestion how this could be implemented.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2019-11-20T08:26:17Z
If it is a one-time cleaning job you are doing, you can take a copy of the settings file, and extract the email adresses from jobs.xml. But this obviously only works as adhoc solution
CraigP
2019-11-20T12:39:53Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

If it is a one-time cleaning job you are doing, you can take a copy of the settings file, and extract the email adresses from jobs.xml. But this obviously only works as adhoc solution

Thank you Thomas - that will be handy for the cleanup of the existing jobs.
Scroll to Top