Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ApolloX
2011-08-23T17:50:29Z
I'm running the VisualCron service as an administrator with full access to the local file system. I have some PHP-based tasks, set up as an executor task, calling a php.exe with the file as input, which can read, write, and execute files on the local file system.

I've noticed issues where deleting files often returns "Permission Denied", whereas these issues do not appear if run manually from a command prompt by the same user the VisualCron service is set up as. I've also seen issues writing some files as well.

Would I need to set up authentication on task even if the service is being run by the same user? I've tried a number of variations with authentication with no change.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2011-08-23T18:27:31Z
Hmm..try running the service as SYSTEM and then add the user you are logged in as as a Credential. Then select that Credential in the Execute Task and run "With profile".
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ApolloX
2011-08-23T18:33:21Z
Is there any difference between the following two scenarios?

1) Running VisualCron Service as Administrator and task as a background process

2) Running a task as a foreground process with Administrator logged in and hide window checked
Support
2011-08-23T18:35:31Z
It *should* not be - but, according to my experience, different context (service/desktop) can cause abnormal behavior. I just want to make sure that you use the same user that you are logged in as and not just _any_ administrator.
Henrik
Support
Eddie Kumar
2019-12-12T12:31:26Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

It *should* not be - but, according to my experience, different context (service/desktop) can cause abnormal behavior. I just want to make sure that you use the same user that you are logged in as and not just _any_ administrator.

Thanks Henrik, however, this only works when user (running the job) is an Admin, if user has only "View & Execute" permission (and not Admin access) then they get same "permission denied" error-output when attempting to Set "Job-variables" (not User-Variable).

Could this be resolved please, we have situation where we CANNOT provide testers and other users Admin access, so this is important for us (just for information - our organisation has recently upgraded to 8.5.5 licensed/paid version).

Many thanks
Eddie
Support
2019-12-13T09:46:14Z
Originally Posted by: Eddie Kumar 

Originally Posted by: Support 

Thanks Henrik, however, this only works when user (running the job) is an Admin, if user has only "View & Execute" permission (and not Admin access) then they get same "permission denied" error-output when attempting to Set "Job-variables" (not User-Variable).

Could this be resolved please, we have situation where we CANNOT provide testers and other users Admin access, so this is important for us (just for information - our organisation has recently upgraded to 8.5.5 licensed/paid version).

Many thanks
Eddie

Not sure which View & Execute permisison you are talking about. Original query is about Windows permissions. I suggest two things:

1. update your email in your account - we need to tie your user to a company
2. create a new post describing the whole problem. Your problem is not related to this post.
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top