Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

DJacobsen
2020-01-07T14:27:38Z
Hello,
We noticed that Visual Cron now supports logging to an external database instead of just to the local sql compact database. When clicking the button to create tables, we received the error that the account doesn't have create table permissions.

Before I reach out to my DBA to receive those permissions, is there a comprehensive list of all permissions required by this process in order to log to an external database?
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2020-01-07T16:21:09Z
Originally Posted by: DJacobsen 

Hello,
We noticed that Visual Cron now supports logging to an external database instead of just to the local sql compact database. When clicking the button to create tables, we received the error that the account doesn't have create table permissions.

Before I reach out to my DBA to receive those permissions, is there a comprehensive list of all permissions required by this process in order to log to an external database?

From what I understand it is just:

GRANT CREATE TABLE

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thordw
2020-01-08T06:56:50Z
Hi

I don't know if this been addressed (currently running version 8.3.7) but I strongly recommend that you also add index to JobLogs and TaskLogs tables.
Column ExecuctionId (used unique in job and index in task) in both these tables.

I know it's not ideal since it will eat up space on you're sqlserver but the handling time when viewing job/task logs makes it worth it.

If not added I've noted that all task logs aren't always displayed when viewing job log, probably due to timeout.
By adding indexes this is fixed aswell 😉 .

/Thord
Support
2020-01-13T08:54:15Z
Originally Posted by: thordw 

Hi

I don't know if this been addressed (currently running version 8.3.7) but I strongly recommend that you also add index to JobLogs and TaskLogs tables.
Column ExecuctionId (used unique in job and index in task) in both these tables.

I know it's not ideal since it will eat up space on you're sqlserver but the handling time when viewing job/task logs makes it worth it.

If not added I've noted that all task logs aren't always displayed when viewing job log, probably due to timeout.
By adding indexes this is fixed aswell 😉 .

/Thord

Thanks for the suggestion!

I suggest that you make a feature request post on this in our Feature Request section of the forums
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top