Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Rogier
2019-12-27T15:51:31Z
Hi,

i want to delete files older then one year.

I have used this date variable {DATENOWADD(Years|-1|d-M-yyyy HH:mm)} but when i test this job i get no results.
"Found 0 file(s) in 497,58 seconds"

What do i do wrong?

Rogier
Sponsor
Forum information
Gary_W
2019-12-27T16:45:39Z
Review the other settings in the delete files task. There must be something else set on one of the tabs besides date older than. If you wish, post images of the settings on all the tabs. I'm assuming of course you really have files older than one year in the location you are trying to delete from?
Support
2019-12-29T11:11:52Z
Originally Posted by: Rogier 

Hi,

I have used this date variable {DATENOWADD(Years|-1|d-M-yyyy HH:mm)} but when i test this job i get no results.

What do i do wrong?

Rogier

It depends on:

1. where you use it
2. date format supported by your system
3. other conditions you may have
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Joey S
2020-01-10T17:13:46Z
Are you using Modified Date if that is your what you want. Check file size and your location and exclusions - see attachments.

I would make a new folder, place one file in it there that you KNOW matches your parameters you are setting and track back from there.

Annotation 2020-01-10 111026.jpg Annotation 2020-01-10 111121.jpg Annotation 2020-01-10 111104.jpg
Support
2020-01-11T13:48:08Z
Yes, please test Joey S' suggestion (thank you Joey) first and let us know if that doesn't work at all, in that case, also provide screenshots of your current settings.
Michael
Support

thomas
2020-01-12T05:54:22Z
You can skip the format, It uses the default if you leave it blank. Much safer in my opinion:

Capture.PNG

In your first post you write that the result was "Found 0 file(s) in 497,58 seconds"
Is this correct? 497 seconds?

Joey S
2020-01-15T16:24:28Z
My guess is that folder has a lot of files. VC will time out after a long time. That brings up a good point, how long is the timeout and can it be adjusted? The "Test" button is great EXCEPT when I accidentally try to sort through a folder with lots of files, then I always make the decision to let it run to completion or kill the whole service and risk jobs not running for the three minutes to get back to normal.
Support
2020-01-16T14:06:00Z
Originally Posted by: Joey S 

My guess is that folder has a lot of files. VC will time out after a long time. That brings up a good point, how long is the timeout and can it be adjusted? The "Test" button is great EXCEPT when I accidentally try to sort through a folder with lots of files, then I always make the decision to let it run to completion or kill the whole service and risk jobs not running for the three minutes to get back to normal.

This is a good idea/suggestion. We would appreciate if you'd put that suggestion up in the feature request section of the forums.
Michael
Support

bweston
2020-01-16T14:47:36Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

You can skip the format, It uses the default if you leave it blank. Much safer in my opinion:

Wow, somehow I'd completely missed that.

But then, I'm in the habit of explicitly specifying ISO 8601 (or occasionally ODBC canonical in a few older instances) almost all the time because I automatically assume that the use of any other date and time formats is either a bug, or something somebody will eventually use to create one.
Support
2020-01-20T08:31:46Z
Originally Posted by: Rogier 

Hi,

What do i do wrong?

Rogier

Rogier,

I just want to follow up on your issue. Did you get it to work?
Michael
Support

Scroll to Top