Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2020-03-05T16:51:12Z
After upgrading from 8.5.5 to 9.5.1 I experience this problem:

In an email task i use a recipient file from a VisualCron stored network drive with one credential. In the subject I use {FILE(Content-variable with another credential and in the attachment section I use that same credential to fetch a file from a remote server. VisualCron runs as local system. Ie. I use one credential to access the recipient file and another credential to get som file details and a file from another host.

This setup worked fine in 8.5.5 but in 9.5.1 I get this error:

Recipient file did not exist.
No recipients were specified.

If I manually put email adresses it works.
If I reference a recipient file locally on the VisualCron host it works.

It seems like the Email task no longer can operate with multiple credentials.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2020-03-06T10:41:59Z
Originally Posted by: Jon Tofte-Hansen 

After upgrading from 8.5.5 to 9.5.1 I experience this problem:

In an email task i use a recipient file from a VisualCron stored network drive with one credential. In the subject I use {FILE(Content-variable with another credential and in the attachment section I use that same credential to fetch a file from a remote server. VisualCron runs as local system. Ie. I use one credential to access the recipient file and another credential to get som file details and a file from another host.

This setup worked fine in 8.5.5 but in 9.5.1 I get this error:

If I manually put email adresses it works.
If I reference a recipient file locally on the VisualCron host it works.

It seems like the Email task no longer can operate with multiple credentials.

Can you send an example job/task to support@visualcron.com so we can reproduce this? Or screenshots of how you've set it up

Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Jon Tofte-Hansen
2020-09-22T12:34:41Z
This is still a problem in 9.3.5 - it worked in 8.5.5.

If one credential is used for a recipient list and another for attachements I get this error:

Quote:

It works if only one credential is used in the task.

You asked for screenshots:

1: Recipients are listed in a file on a VisualCron network drive:
billede.png
billede.png

2: Attachements are fetched on another host via an UNC path and other credentials:
billede.png

Support
2020-09-22T13:46:01Z

This is still a problem in 9.3.5 - it worked in 8.5.5.

If one credential is used for a recipient list and another for attachements I get this error:

Quote:

It works if only one credential is used in the task.

You asked for screenshots:

1: Recipients are listed in a file on a VisualCron network drive:
billede.png
billede.png

2: Attachements are fetched on another host via an UNC path and other credentials:
billede.png

Why is there no domain specified in the mapped network drive? It could cause some issue when it comes to mapping

Michael
Support

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2020-09-22T14:11:44Z
Dear Michael

The connections pictured are not real connections but bogus test-connections made for your support eyes only - and whoever might find this interesting.

The real connections work and are used in a lot of different contexts - btw: if they were local machine users they would look that way and also work.

So please try to use one user to fetch email addresses and another user to fetch attachements (who cannot access the address files).

The best of luck

Jon
Support
2020-09-28T12:36:15Z

Dear Michael

The connections pictured are not real connections but bogus test-connections made for your support eyes only - and whoever might find this interesting.

The real connections work and are used in a lot of different contexts - btw: if they were local machine users they would look that way and also work.

So please try to use one user to fetch email addresses and another user to fetch attachements (who cannot access the address files).

The best of luck

Jon

Can you try using a UNC path instead of a mapped network drive and see if that would make any difference for you? Is there a reason to why youre not using UNC path instead of mapping here?
Michael
Support

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2020-09-28T12:46:23Z
Hi Michael

The point is that I want one set of credentials used to fetch email addresses from a file, and another set of credentials to fetch the files used as attachments. Not entirely unreasonable I think. That issue has formerly existed in different tasks and has been fixed. Eg.: https://www.visualcron.c....aspx?g=posts&t=4139 .

But this is not a pressing issue for us anymore, as we have change our architecture and now keep address lists in user variables instead of files. It also has the advantage that they are kept in the main VisualCron XML making it simpler to migrate the system.
Support
2020-09-28T13:06:47Z

Hi Michael

The point is that I want one set of credentials used to fetch email addresses from a file, and another set of credentials to fetch the files used as attachments. Not entirely unreasonable I think. That issue has formerly existed in different tasks and has been fixed. Eg.: https://www.visualcron.c....aspx?g=posts&t=4139 .

But this is not a pressing issue for us anymore, as we have change our architecture and now keep address lists in user variables instead of files. It also has the advantage that they are kept in the main VisualCron XML making it simpler to migrate the system.

Ah, I understand. For that you could use the File read/content variable with credential.
Michael
Support

Scroll to Top