Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

viper8
2010-03-23T18:47:20Z
Hello,

I'm running a couple servers with VisualCron. One of them is running version 5.4.9, the other is 5.5.5. I migrated all of the VC Settings from the 5.4.9 server to the 5.5.5 server. Everything migrated and imported properly, however when I run any task that uses an SSH connection, I get the following error:

Exception in Task: SSH connection error (error code is 10061)

So, the task completes on 5.4.9, but not on 5.5.5 or 5.5.3. The same error code is returned. Also note that both servers have valid VC licenses.

One more thing: I monitored the logs on the SSH server and noticed that it isn't even attempting to log in. When I use the FTP/SSH/Terminal Explorer I can connect to the server and run commands...so it's something with tasks that are using the SSH connection.

Any help on this?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-03-24T23:18:50Z
10061 is a general error. Most commonly this is caused by an application (often firewall) blocking the connection. It is most probably not an implementation error in VisualCron rather that you have to allow the new service or open up that port in the firewall.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
viper8
2010-03-26T20:31:34Z
Support wrote:

10061 is a general error. Most commonly this is caused by an application (often firewall) blocking the connection. It is most probably not an implementation error in VisualCron rather that you have to allow the new service or open up that port in the firewall.

Okay thanks for the response, Henrik. The thing that confuses us the most is that it works fine in 5.4.9. As soon as the task is run in 5.5.3 or later it fails with that error. We don't have firewalls on the servers and the SSH servers they are connecting to are in the same subnet.

This concerns us in that it means we will not be able to upgrade any of our 5 VisualCron servers to anything later than 5.4.9. Is there anything we can do to test this further?

Thanks.

ETA: Just as a test...I deactivated the license, uninstalled 5.5.5, then installed 5.4.9, activated license, ran an SSH task and it worked properly. So it has to be something with versions > 5.4.9. What do you guys think?
Support
2010-03-29T17:09:52Z
It is hard to verify from here but if you could provide a test connection for us we should be able to resolve this quite easily. Please mail any details to support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
viper8
2010-03-30T16:09:15Z
Support wrote:

It is hard to verify from here but if you could provide a test connection for us we should be able to resolve this quite easily. Please mail any details to support@visualcron.com

I might be able to provide a test connection, but before we go down that path, is there any more debugging that I can do from this end?

Also, I need to mention that on that same VisualCron server we have SFTP connections to the same server ip/port and those are working fine.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I just discovered something that is interesting...I edited the SSH connection and changed the Protocol Type from SSH to SFTP and was able to use FTP/SSH/Terminal Explorer to connect to and browse the server. As soon as I change the Protocol Type back to SSH, it won't connect anymore, it gets stuck with a yellow box and "Wait" next to it.
Support
2010-03-30T21:43:06Z
We would definitely be interested in a test account. We don't have any more questions at the moment but need to test against our development environment.
Henrik
Support
viper8
2010-04-13T17:47:05Z
Support wrote:

We would definitely be interested in a test account. We don't have any more questions at the moment but need to test against our development environment.

Hello,

I discovered that if the server is listening on port 22, then the SSH connection works as expected. If the server is listening on any other port, then the SSH connection fails to connect. Note: when I change the listening port I also modify the port in VC for that SSH connection.

I have setup a test server that you guys can test with, would you like it to be listening on port 22 at first, and then I can switch it to a different port so you can see the difference?

Thanks!
Support
2010-04-13T17:48:16Z
Do you only see this in the Explorer or Task or both?
Henrik
Support
viper8
2010-04-13T17:56:32Z
Support wrote:

Do you only see this in the Explorer or Task or both?

Here is what I've found:

SSH connection type:
On port 22: Task works properly, Explorer times out
On port 991: Task times out, Explorer times out

SFTP connection type:
On port 22: Task works properly, Explorer works properly
On port 991: Task works properly, Explorer works properly
Support
2010-04-13T19:31:55Z
Please send any testaccount that uses "non standard" port to support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
viper8
2010-04-13T20:04:27Z
Support wrote:

Please send any testaccount that uses "non standard" port to support@visualcron.com

Sure thing. I just emailed the details.
Scroll to Top