Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2010-04-20T15:50:27Z
Hi Visualcron Team,

Today is the day two upgrades (4.90.4 and 4.8.1 to 5.5.5) took place at our side.
It was a sunny day.

I all went fine, have some minor issues:
- after upgrading from 4.8.1, every user was checked as 'Auto connect at startup.'
- I had only one user left after upgrading from 4.90.4 (admin) and I wanted to edit this user due to auto startup. It gave me unhandled errors, but after adding one extra user, I could change the admin user.

That's it.

So good job to you all.
I still will look at the jobs the whole day and will log in from my home to check everything, but I have high hopes.

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-04-20T17:52:54Z
Did you send those error reports?

thanks
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2010-04-21T08:23:42Z
I did not send the error reports, but I have a setting in my client telling me the errors are send automaticly to you, so you might have them.

When I look into the logs, there is nothing about this error. I donno if I want to reproduce this....
---
Yesterday I ended up rebooting one server (previous 4.8.1) because my I couldn't login any more. The user selection dropdown and the connection button were disabled.
These wasn't a connection to the server anymore.
I wanted to stop/start the service again, but it failed stopping, so I had to reboot.
After this reboot I could login again.
---
I also had one email task failing because the attachement wasn't found. I had to retype the path and filepattern to get the fie again. It was based on a resulting filetrigger. So that's fine now to.
--

I always though the upgrade will be like working a whole weekend, but not of that all. I did two upgrades in 2 hours with checking all of my jobs. So I'm (very) happy.

If I have more, I will let you know.

Regards
Erik
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2010-04-22T10:16:47Z
I found one more thing:

The setting 'Include sub folders' in the Compress Archive Task wasn't imported during the upgrade. This was after upgrading from version 4.9.40.

It was checked in 4.9.40, but not anymore in 5.5.5.

Regards,
Erik
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2010-04-23T15:30:10Z
Hereby the error message I get after starting the client for the 1st time with running under a different user, so no clientsettings are in the registry of the user.

Reproduce steps:
1. start the 5.5.5 client for the 1st time and click next till you get the login prompt of the admin user.
2. close this login window by pressing cancel or cross
3. open the manage server window
4. click on add, the error window will appear, or click on edit and the error will appear.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VisualCronAPI.Connections.GetAll(Boolean Sort)
   at ComputerAccess.GetComputersTable(Boolean bolIncludeDomain)
   at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.ABPOEMHDOOEPECDLNKEDCFDOIOLMMMAOEBDA.KKENHJFNFECLMCGKODOHADNKLECCBAAELKFF(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I can log in with the admin account I guess, but I changed the admin name to my name and logged in. That worked fine. After logging in I can change / add a user in the manager server window.

Regards
Erik
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2011-04-14T08:05:01Z
ErikC wrote:

I found one more thing:

The setting 'Include sub folders' in the Compress Archive Task wasn't imported during the upgrade. This was after upgrading from version 4.9.40.

It was checked in 4.9.40, but not anymore in 5.5.5.

Regards,
Erik

Again I upgraded this version to the current 5.7.3, and still the include subfolder was cleared. I forgot this post, so it was a pain in the bottom to find why a job failed...

Regards
Erik
Support
2011-04-14T09:23:23Z
Thanks Erik. We know see the problem. It will be fixed for the next version (might not help you 😊 )
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top