Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Josh
  •  Josh
  • No customer Topic Starter
2010-07-22T23:04:20Z
We are moving our installation of VisualCron to a new server. While deactivating the license on our old server the VisualCron service froze (this happens somewhat frequently, the server is pretty overtaxed). I gave it an hour to start responding and then killed the service. Attempting to use the activation key on the new server resulted in a message that the activation code is already registered, and the old server is not behaving as an expired demo server. What can we do to get the activation code unregistered?
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-07-22T23:11:00Z
Please contact Sales from the Contact page and send along your activation code.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Josh
  •  Josh
2010-07-26T16:06:53Z
Sales was able to help, but I had to uninstall and downgrade to 5.6.0 as that is the most recent version that our license supports. Now when I start the service I see the following in server_startup.txt:

/26/2010 9:02:19 AM Debug Startup finished
7/26/2010 9:02:19 AM Debug Startup failed, ex: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OBOKIIHBDBPMCFALPGECCIFHCDJPEDKODDGK.JMCCOOPHNCFNEHPADILOIKGCFNHNAEBKLCAJ.OHCPBLOJOKNLMICBLJJNGMIGDLGPKMKBNAHN()
at OBOKIIHBDBPMCFALPGECCIFHCDJPEDKODDGK.JMCCOOPHNCFNEHPADILOIKGCFNHNAEBKLCAJ.INHDDLNHOPEJBEJNJDFIHAIBMCAIFOMNEJOO()
at OBOKIIHBDBPMCFALPGECCIFHCDJPEDKODDGK.LAFDMIGCFJJDFILBNNFAJJEAPPONBLLEBDMK.EKKOHMNKJBKFLBFIDMJLBEAHLJBODNFACDHI()

5.6.2 started and ran successfully, this has only happened since the downgrade to 5.6.0.
Josh
  •  Josh
2010-07-26T16:52:46Z
Okay, rather than chase our tails on this, we've gone ahead and purchased a maintenance extension and upgraded to 5.6.2, which works.
Support
2010-07-26T22:25:09Z
We will examine that error. Thanks for the report. Sorry if this caused any inconvinience.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top