Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

karl
  •  karl
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2008-06-12T16:34:43Z
I am trying to set up an SFTP download. I can download the files using Filezilla but when I set up a VisualCron SFTP task to do the same I get the following error:

"Error preparing download of SFTP folder: String cannot be of zero length.
Parameter name: oldValue"

The task output shows:

"Server key received (RSA). Fingerprint is **:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**
Changed folder to: /
Changed folder to: /
Changed folder to: //Test"

(Fingerprint removed)

The task is trying to download the contents of the Test folder and all subfolders. The task output suggests that a connection has been established successfully before the error occured.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
Sponsor
Forum information
karl
  •  karl
2008-06-12T16:53:03Z
Further experimentation shows that I get the above error if I have the 'Source folder' set to / but don't if I specify the 'Source folder' as /Test.

However, when I set the 'Source folder' as /Test it creates all of the subfolders but doesn't populate them with the files that are in the corresponding source directories.
Support
2008-06-12T17:31:09Z
Which version are you using?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
karl
  •  karl
2008-06-12T17:33:31Z
Sorry, I meant to put the version but forgot. It's version 4.9.3.
Support
2008-06-12T17:37:45Z
Is it possible for you to create a test account for us? Please email support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
karl
  •  karl
2008-06-17T16:42:59Z
Just to update this: it turned out to be a buggy SFTP server, we replaced the SFTP server with a better one and VisualCron can now download files fine.

The problem wasn't VisualCron at all.

Many thanks Henrik for all your help diagnosing this issue.
Scroll to Top