Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

PeterW
2010-08-05T20:48:27Z
Hello,

We have decided to move our VisualCron system to dedicated hardware after using it in a virtual environment. After a clean installation of 5.6.0 when I attempt to run a job I get the following event viewer error and the job does not finish.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5000
Date: 8/5/2010
Time: 1:21:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: VISUALCRON3
Description:
EventType clr20r3, P1 visualcronservice.exe, P2 5.6.0.32653, P3 4bf588f3, P4 visualcronservice, P5 5.6.0.32653, P6 4bf588f3, P7 14d6, P8 7, P9 system.stackoverflowexception, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp .

The VisualCron client then drops the connection with the message: "Connection failed to 'visualcron3'. Connection failed with error 'Connection refused. (10061)' Do you want to try reconnecting?" I get a similar message when I attempt to use the client on the server and connect via local connection. The message is "Connection failed to 'localhost'. Connection failed with error 'Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.' Do you want to try reconnecting?" The visualcron service then stops.

Here is what we have tried so far:
1) Reinstalled .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
2) Reinstalled VisualCron 5.6.0.

At this point the network administrators and myself have tried everything we can think of without success. Unfortunately the log file doesn't provide any useful information as to how or why the service stops abruptly.

What else should we be trying? Is it possible for someone to connect using Yuuguu to see what we are seeing?

Thanks,

Peter
File Attachment(s):
error.bmp (539kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-08-05T23:25:10Z
We heard something similar with a user that installed 5.6.0. Then the user installed 5.6.2 and it worked great. Could you try that version?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
PeterW
2010-08-06T15:01:38Z
Hi Henrik,

That seems to have resolved the issue. I ran the job that was causing the error and it is no longer happening now. I will do additional testing and if everything looks good we should be able to completely migrate to the new server sometime early next week.

Thanks for your help!

-Peter
Scroll to Top