Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2011-04-07T11:54:02Z
Changes in 5.7.4.

[FEATURE] ClientServer Added the PowerShell Task
[FEATURE] Server VisualCron now executes Jobs (once) that should have been executed within a DST change period, i.e. 201 AM when change goes from 2 AM to 3 AM
[FEATURE] Server Added OnOff setting for database logging
[BUGFIX] Server Fixed 64 bit issue in Office Macro Task
[BUGFIX] Client Illegal characters in Execute Task command caused crash
[BUGFIX] Client Fixed compatibility issue with old Web service Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client Fixed crash in Set Variable Task when wrong type was used

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
ErikC
2011-04-11T08:15:57Z
Hi,

The bug with the conditions GUI update is still in this version. (Also in the current stable release 5.7.3)

Previous post from version 5.6.9 

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2011-04-11T09:44:57Z
ErikC wrote:

Hi,

The bug with the conditions GUI update is still in this version. (Also in the current stable release 5.7.3)

Previous post from version 5.6.9 

Regards,
Erik

Yes, currently we do not updating anything from the previous Task when going back and forward.
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2011-04-11T10:03:51Z
Hi,

So this behaviour is an GUI inconsistency because e.g. the notifications are updated.
Is this going to be changed?

Regards,
Erik
Support
2011-04-11T10:11:47Z
ErikC wrote:

Hi,

So this behaviour is an GUI inconsistency because e.g. the notifications are updated.
Is this going to be changed?

Regards,
Erik

This is going to be changed. The main problem, which have prevented us from doing it is the Cancel button. The Cancel button refers to the current Job but should the Next/Previous buttons act as OK buttons? As there are so many settings in each Task we cannot "track" if changes where made or not. So, treating it as Ok button would be the best option. But, it could be slightly confusing with the Cancel button anyway.

What do you think?
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2011-04-11T11:30:17Z
Support wrote:

What do you think?

Using the buttons as OK buttons seems fine to me. But it has to be clear to the end user that using the two navigation buttons will apply changes.
You might want to change the names on then two buttons:
- Apply & Previous
- Apply & Next

The Cancel button implies that the actions can be cancelled. You could rename this button to 'Close', and the OK button could be renamed to 'Apply changes'.

Regards,
Erik
ErikC
2011-04-15T09:09:13Z
Just an addition to my previous post:

What will happen when I now only use the task navigation buttons and then clicking on the OK button?

I think if there are condition changes within the tasks the active task will change the condition set when I click on the OK button.

If this is the case, I think you should remove/disable the buttons till there is a full update when using the navigation buttons. You than change the task without knowing you are changing stuff.

😠
[edit]
I just checked myself and this is indeed the case!
This is a major issue I think and should be fixed asap.
Now I have to instruct all my people not to use the navigation buttons.
[/edit]

Regards,
Erik
Support
2011-04-15T14:27:37Z
ErikC wrote:

Just an addition to my previous post:

What will happen when I now only use the task navigation buttons and then clicking on the OK button?

I think if there are condition changes within the tasks the active task will change the condition set when I click on the OK button.

If this is the case, I think you should remove/disable the buttons till there is a full update when using the navigation buttons. You than change the task without knowing you are changing stuff.

😠
[edit]
I just checked myself and this is indeed the case!
This is a major issue I think and should be fixed asap.
Now I have to instruct all my people not to use the navigation buttons.
[/edit]

Regards,
Erik

We will look at this. Thanks for the report.
Henrik
Support
astorrs
2011-04-19T08:15:11Z
I'm getting the following error (stderr) when trying to execute "PowerShell script text" tasks in 5.7.4:

Quote:

Exception in Task: Cannot invoke this function because the current host does not implement it.

Executing against a "PowerShell file" works fine, as do other tasks. The PowerShell script text error occurs for even the most basic cmdlets (e.g., Write-Host "Hello World")

Windows 7 64-bit (no SP1) with VisualCron 5.7.4 running locally in Client/Server mode.

Any ideas? And is there any documentation on what's allowed in the PowerShell script text field? (e.g., VisualCron variables?)
Support
2011-04-19T11:42:02Z
astorrs wrote:

I'm getting the following error (stderr) when trying to execute "PowerShell script text" tasks in 5.7.4:

Quote:

Exception in Task: Cannot invoke this function because the current host does not implement it.

Executing against a "PowerShell file" works fine, as do other tasks. The PowerShell script text error occurs for even the most basic cmdlets (e.g., Write-Host "Hello World")

Windows 7 64-bit (no SP1) with VisualCron 5.7.4 running locally in Client/Server mode.

Any ideas? And is there any documentation on what's allowed in the PowerShell script text field? (e.g., VisualCron variables?)

To output normally you need to use this code:

Quote:

Write-Output "Hello World"

Henrik
Support
astorrs
2011-04-19T17:25:08Z
Support wrote:

To output normally you need to use this code:

Quote:

Write-Output "Hello World"

Thanks Henrik, I was testing out the new version at 11pm at night and obviously wasn't thinking straight, given that the answer is as clear as day in the error message. ;)

The new feature works like a charm, I'm really excited about how much cleaner this will make my jobs (without having to shell out and execute the scripts outside of VisualCron's built-in logging capabilities).

Andrew
Scroll to Top