Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

thealco
2011-06-15T15:03:43Z
Hi

It appears that when I launch a remote execute task using VisualCron the execution process is not done under the specified credentials on the remote machine, but rather using local system account. Currently, I am trying to migrate some of the scheduled tasks that were in windows scheduler into visual cron - in this case system state backups. The prerequisite however is that the created bkf file is to be stored on a network location and not on a local drive. When the process is launched the network shares cannot be accessed - I've experienced similar caveats in scripts when the accounts are impersonated on remote machines - and system state backup fails.

Can anyone suggest how to get around this? I could create a script using vbs to get around this but it would involve coding the usernames and passwords into the scripts - which is not appropriate as the server is shared amongst other users.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2011-06-15T15:08:20Z
This is a limitation of the current Windows implementation of Remote execute. The actual Credential that is used is used to access the remote machine - not execute as.

From version 5.7.6 we are able to launch a Job on another VisualCron server so if you only want to remote execute on one server maybe it could be easier to install VisualCron server locally there.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thealco
2011-06-16T00:52:51Z
Yeah that is what I suspected. The target computer is actualy a domain controller, so I'd rather keep that server clean without any additional programs, except for what is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Petar
Scroll to Top