Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2008-07-29T13:28:27Z
I had some troubles to install the latest release 4.9.11 (22349).
When I double click on the file it gives me the folowing error:

Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions te access the item.

What I did to get around this is to start the installation through a dos box. From there the installation went fine.

I didn't had this problem with the beta version of 4.9.11.
I tested this new release on two servers (windows server 2003) and both had the same error.

On my local machine however the installation went fine trough the normal 2x click.

:-s
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2008-07-29T13:47:08Z
It is actually the same build. The previous beta is the live 4.9.11. We'll see if we get more reports regarding this.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2008-07-29T14:03:33Z
Ok... The beta it still startable with a double click only this one isn't...
I will download the file again using a different IP, it might has something to do with our intenet connection... Maby the file is not correctly downloaded.
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2008-07-29T14:18:52Z
Yes that was it. I downloaded it again from a different Internet Provider and no problems with this download. So no worries anymore... Have to speak to my boss about this....
](*,)
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2008-11-10T13:17:22Z
I figured it out what the problem is:

On Windows Server 2003 SP2, at the file properties there is in the General tab an Secutity setting at the bottom.

This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.

If you press the Unblock button, the installation program can be started.

Regards
Erik
Support
2008-11-10T14:21:37Z
Thanks for the info!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!