Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

sjw
  •  sjw
  • No customer Topic Starter
2011-07-19T18:04:58Z

I just upgraded from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5 yesterday. So far so good except for the user variable issue.

I followed the steps suggested by the support team:

1) Exported all of settings from 5.7.4
2) Installed 5.7.5 over 5.7.4
3) All my jobs were no longer there (which was expected)
4) Imported my settings from #1 (using the "clear" option)
5) Receive many error messages for file triggers, because the user variables were not in the setting file. I use these variable to store touch file drop folders, as well as, other things.

I am also concern about restores now. The user variables will not be in the setting files for the restores, correct?

Please advise
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2011-07-19T18:48:29Z
The user Variables are in the restore file. It would be great if you could send us the log file and maybe we can see what happened (log_serverDATE.txt) to support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
sjw
  •  sjw
  • No customer Topic Starter
2011-07-19T19:09:28Z
When you say "restore" file, not sure what you mean. I used Export Settings task with the "Export All server settings" option.

I did not select "default storing path", because I was worried that the settings file would be overwritten during the install. I selected a different path and gave the file a zip extension.

Attached is the log file for when I attempted to do the import. At 3:02 the import was attempted.

Also, I looked in the settings zip file and I see a Variables.xml included.
File Attachment(s):
log_server20110718.zip (5kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Support
2011-07-19T19:26:56Z
By restore I mean the Import. Thanks for the file.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top