Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2008-08-01T09:18:14Z
Hi,

What I like to have is an additional field in the main settings in a job.

This (text) field should contain the name for who the job is made. The job responsible or the job owner.
If a job is failing, I have to know who to contact, so contact person is also a good name for it. I think this is a great name for it =p~

Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2008-08-01T09:30:29Z
What about the created by/modified by? You have the user email in the user permissions. Perhaps it is enough if you can open that user from the Job?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2008-08-01T09:41:05Z
No this is not what I mean. I am responsible for the jobs, I create and modify them. So those two names are most of the time my name.
I create jobs for other people in our company. I want to store those peoples names into the jobs I create.
Those people aren't users within visualcron, so their names never popup.

If a job failes, I want to know who to contact.
Support
2008-08-01T09:42:14Z
Got it. Thanks for the request.
Henrik
Support
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2008-10-02T11:25:12Z
Hi,

I was wondering if/when this feature is going to be implemented. 🤨

Regards
Erik
Support
2008-10-02T21:38:24Z
It will be implemented. Don't know when yet. We are thinking about combining this with links to external documentation etc. So, anything that you may think of that is interesting to store - please post it here.
Henrik
Support
ErikC
  •  ErikC
2011-08-31T06:40:35Z
Hi,

This is an old post, but hey..
I know there is a description field in the main job, still some kind of contact information would be nice here.

Who to contact if the job fails for example. Storing the name/telephone number/email address.

Regards,
Erik
osirisja
2011-08-31T16:14:38Z
Hi Erik

I agree - would be nice. But as an alternative until it is in place, here is a wee Powershell Script that you can add as the first Task in your job (i've named it 'Job Details - CLICK->'). It simply looks up a CSV file containing all of your Job and Contact details (or anything you want), and writes the contents into a nice (ish) table in your STDOUT field - just double click on the field and it shows the following:

============
JobName : Monitor Triggers*
ContactName : Andrew Payne
ContactPhone : 44111111111
ContactEmail : me@vctest.com
ContactExtension : 123
Contact Department : The I.T Team
Job Description : This Job is very cleaver cos it does lots of very clever st
uff
============
It works by matching the Jobname with the first column in your CSV file (which should also be your Jobname).

I am by no means a Scripter and I'm only learning these things as I go along, but I'm sure you could do it with SQL as well. As we say in Scotland - there's more than one way to skin a cat :-)

Here is the PowerShell Script (all 4 lines of it!) - just change the variables to point to your Path and CSV Filename:
=============
$currjob = "{JOB(Active|Name)}"
$matchfile = "C:\@@Trigger\Profile\VCJobContact.csv"

$error.clear()

import-Csv $matchfile | Where-Object {$currjob -like $_.JobName}

=============

And here is my CSV file Content:

=============
JobName,ContactName,ContactPhone,ContactEmail,ContactExtension,Contact Department,Job Description
Monitor Triggers*,Andrew Payne,44111111111,me@vctest.com,123,The I.T Team,This Job is very cleaver cos it does lots of very clever stuff
=============

Cheers

Andy

Scroll to Top