Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

begoodi
2008-02-26T09:07:04Z
Hi,

I think it would be good to display an error icon at the job level, indicating that at least one task failed for this job (without having to expand each job to find the errors).

Another thing would be to have the possibility to reset execution date for all tasks in a job at the time the job starts.
So we could see at a glance which tasks were executed or not when expand the job, without having to compare each task date with job's start date, which is a pain in certain conditions (lots of tasks, tricky conditions for tasks executions, ...)

Thanks for your feedback...
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2008-02-26T10:05:40Z
We are displaying an error icon at the Job level. This was implemented in 4.8.x. Please install the latest version.

How do you mean by reset? To show an empty cell? You can always sort that column instead.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-03-06T19:55:44Z
I am having issues with this too. To add to his request, How about having the ability to reset all errors in a job? For instance, if we are testing a job with say, 20 tasks, the testing might take you to say task 5 before it encounters an error.
If you make 'corrections' to the the 4th to fix the 5th..and it doesn't work, now you have task 4 and task 5 showing errors.
As you make your way to the 20th task, some tasks might get skipped, due to logic that might have had errors prior to it being bypassed. So, you can have scattered errors in tasks that are not really errors.

It would be nice if we had the ability to 'reset' the following:
- setting the job result column to 'success'
- setting the task results column to 'success'
- setting the task last run colmn to 'never'
- setting the task output column to 'no output'

preferrably from the right-click job menu.
peekayu
2012-03-16T08:46:24Z
Originally Posted by: trevinom 

I am having issues with this too. To add to his request, How about having the ability to reset all errors in a job? For instance, if we are testing a job with say, 20 tasks, the testing might take you to say task 5 before it encounters an error.
If you make 'corrections' to the the 4th to fix the 5th..and it doesn't work, now you have task 4 and task 5 showing errors.
As you make your way to the 20th task, some tasks might get skipped, due to logic that might have had errors prior to it being bypassed. So, you can have scattered errors in tasks that are not really errors.

It would be nice if we had the ability to 'reset' the following:
- setting the job result column to 'success'
- setting the task results column to 'success'
- setting the task last run colmn to 'never'
- setting the task output column to 'no output'

preferrably from the right-click job menu.

This is a very useful feature request; I understand logs will clearly indicate these actions for audit purpose. How can we make this available to all for vote/support to bring to Erik's attention?

-KUMAR
trevinom
2012-03-16T16:17:10Z
Thanks for the thanks, peekayu :)

I'm still getting stung by this anomaly.
I'm having a hard time explaining to the higher-ups that this is NOT an error on THIS run. Only a problem on a previous run whose problem I already fixed. I'd have to break it again to have it run the step to get rid of the error and that's a pain in the butt.
You're right, the audit logs show a clean run, but you have to dig through a bunch of lines of logs to find where it ran correctly, but the "Visual" part of it is so strong, even I find myself thinking the task errored out...until I look at the dates.

I"m hoping Erik will notice this thread and give us some input. Otherwise, I'm considering moving it to the problems section.
Support
2012-03-16T23:10:16Z
Hi all,

we could probably add this feature pretty easily. Thanks for the request.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-03-16T23:54:11Z
That's why I love this product. The response is just awesome!!
Thanks, Henrik.
peekayu
2012-03-20T10:52:05Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Hi all,

we could probably add this feature pretty easily. Thanks for the request.

Great!
We look forward (hope) to the next release with this features.
Cheers!
-KUMAR
peekayu
2012-05-03T14:56:19Z
Hi Henrik,

As discussed here are few minor enhancement requests for reset Job feature:
1. Could we have reset task feature which only affects a selected task(s) too?
2. Could we exclude the last run date & time from being reset to “Never” when we reset Job or Task?
3. Could we have the logs and log history updated with Info records showing that the Job or Task has been reset by User XYZ?
4. Could we keep the "job log" and "task log" data for all previous executions (success or failure)?
5. Could we have the Statistics data kept when a Job or Task has been reset?
6. Could we also have the log filter available for logs "Historic - general" same as "Realtime - general"?

Thanks for your continued support.

Regards,
-KUMAR
Scroll to Top