Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

IT-Lizenzmanagement
2014-03-05T14:14:14Z
We have the following error during the import of Visual cron settings.
The error message in the Log file is:

2014 15:08:59 Err Error occured when importing settings, err: The device is not ready.

Export was done on another server with export all settings, and also import all server setting on the desination server.

The import error occured at the step "InternalSettings"

What can I do to solve the problem?

After import of all settings except "InternalSettings" I have the problem that I can't access any of the Visualcron. I got the error message "Permission denied. Current user does not belong to any group" 🤬
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-03-05T16:09:23Z
It sounds like you imported some directory specific settings which does not match the server settings on the new computer. We do not recommend exporting internal server settings from one server to another.

To restore login state you stop the visualcron service and then delete the files in the settings folder:

users.xml
usergroup.xml

Then start the service again.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
IT-Lizenzmanagement
2014-03-06T07:45:33Z
Thank you for the information.

What is the recommendation if i would like to move all settings (incl. jobs, notifications, etc.) to another server? I thought I can use the export and import function instead of typing all manually?
Support
2014-03-06T07:53:07Z
Yes, you can move everything if servers are exactly the same. But in this case you are using different drives or folders which generates errors when loading settings (the folders specified in Server settings->folders).

Generally, I think default settings in Server settings is a good start. I do not see any Task specific information there that you might miss if you exclude copying those settings.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
IT-Lizenzmanagement
2014-03-06T09:34:14Z
Scroll to Top