Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

dmk
  •  dmk
  • No customer Topic Starter
2017-08-10T20:11:06Z
When I try to export settings with File -> Export settings, I keep getting failures, and I see the following in the log: "Error when exporting settings, err: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
This is happening with VC 8.2.8 on two different machines. The standard "Backup settings" job seems to be working OK -- at least, it runs to completion.
I have been able to manually export and import settings in the past. However, I don't recall the last time I did that (and therefore, what version of VC we were running at the time).
Any ideas? Please advise. Thanks much.
Sponsor
Forum information
dmk
  •  dmk
2017-08-10T20:52:49Z
I downgraded one of our machines to 8.2.7, and it no longer has the problem. So whatever the problem is, it appears to be new with 8.2.8. FWIW.
Support
2017-08-11T16:27:27Z
Please re-download and re-install 8.2.8 again. It was a problem that snuck out to an early download of 8.2.8. It has been fixed in the latest download.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
dmk
  •  dmk
2017-08-11T19:51:19Z
Looks like the new 8.2.8 download works. Thanks much. -Dean
Scroll to Top