Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

TNT_CH
2017-10-17T09:18:31Z
Dear all

We had to set up our VisualCron application from scratch, using the backup for the jobs etc. The only thing that changed on the new server is that we are not allowed to use a domain admin anymore, only domain users. We have set up all permissions to the required remote folders. The jobs are running fine if they have to copy, move or delete on the remote folders.

One job is using the user to run an application that moves files from one share to another and does many other things in the background. We have given the domain user as "run task as". The user has access to the folders where the application wants to do what it needs to be done.

So far it is not working, see log file:
17:10:53 abc.uploader Start Application
17:10:53 abc.uploader Start Application
17:10:53 abc.uploader CALL: getFiles
17:10:53 abc.uploader getFiles: Directory does not exists \\myserver\myshare\myfolder
17:10:53 abc.uploader CALL END: getFiles
17:10:53 abc.uploader Could not load files from path eventually the directory is missing!
17:10:53 abc.uploader Could not load files from path eventually the directory is missing!

I tried to run it without any credentials, it gives the same messages. It seems to me as if the user is ignored. I also tried to run the application in the working directory, but this doesn't help as well. I changed from background execution to foreground execution, but the application doesn't like that at all and is crashing before something happens (it's a normal console application).

Almost forgot: if we run the application outside VisualCron (run exe) it is working fine.

Any idea what else we can do? Unfortunately I am not able anymore to use a domain admin, not even for tests, we don't have any domain admin in the company at all.

Thank you for your help

Susanna
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-10-19T08:12:32Z
You should;

1. run VisualCron service as the LocalSystem account
2. create a Credential with Local login unchecked
3. enable Extended debugging in server settings. Then open the Credential and make sure you have selected option CreateProcessWithLogonW.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
TNT_CH
2017-10-19T11:13:06Z
Hi Henrik

Thank you very much!

As number 1 and 2 were already set as described by you, we tried number 3 only and it works now.

Thanks again

Best Regards

Susanna
Support
2017-10-20T08:18:58Z
Thanks!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top