Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

truggeri321
2018-02-15T16:48:05Z
Is there a command line command that can be automated to gracefully stop the the VisualCron Service on a server that has a scheduled weekly reboot?

Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
bbusse
2018-02-22T16:30:31Z
Define gracefully :)

Are you talking about stopping the VisualCron service, only after all jobs are not longer running/active? Or literally just stopping the service....

i.e.

net stop visualcron

And more importantly, are you trying to have visualcron stop itself or is something else running the stop command(s) ? (either a local scheduled task or another system running VisualCron sending a reboot server task)

If you can, describe in detail exactly the situation you're trying to allow.

Brian
Support
2018-02-23T08:12:38Z
net stop is what we recommend but we will try to kill all running processes started by VisualCron so we can shut it down completely. So, it is not "graceful" per se.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
truggeri321
2018-02-23T15:15:17Z
Hi there,

I think my question has been answered then. Net Stop is the command, however if there are running tasks, VisualCron will kill those tasks. It will not wait until those tasks have finished processing. The down side is that we have some tasks that take up to 30 minutes to complete, so if the Net Stop command should ever be issued during one of these long jobs there is no guarantee that the job will complete successfully before the server reboots. Am i correct?

Thanks
Sincerely
Tony R

Support
2018-02-27T16:06:00Z
Originally Posted by: truggeri321 

Hi there,

I think my question has been answered then. Net Stop is the command, however if there are running tasks, VisualCron will kill those tasks. It will not wait until those tasks have finished processing. The down side is that we have some tasks that take up to 30 minutes to complete, so if the Net Stop command should ever be issued during one of these long jobs there is no guarantee that the job will complete successfully before the server reboots. Am i correct?

Thanks
Sincerely
Tony R

Yes, if you need a more graceful shutdown please send an email to sales@visualcron.com and we can discuss some alternatives for custom development.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top