Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Haussmann
2018-06-06T20:31:20Z
Hey guys!

So, I'm thinking it's time to update my Visual Cron to the newest version, but last time I went through with it I ended up losing all of my saved usernames and passwords! Unfortunately, some of these passwords aren't backed up, and last time I updated Visual Cron I lost all of my accounts. It would be a big recovery job to replace all my credentials. Is it possible to back up my saved credentials, or somehow prevent them from being deleted when I upgrade?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsor
Forum information
Gary_W
2018-06-06T20:53:22Z
Hmmm, we never had this issue. We just upgraded to 8.3.5 last night.

At any rate, go to file/export settings and make sure the objects you want to backup are checked. You should have a job to do this on a regular basis as a matter of fact. We have a "backup settings" job that runs the Internal/export settings task every night.

This way, you can always import from that file, after checking the box to import credentials.
Haussmann
2018-06-06T21:05:20Z
Aha. It looks like it is selected. I'm not 100% clear on the issue because I only heard about it second-hand and figured I'd take the initiative to solve the problem. I'm actually quite new to visual cron, I love it so far though!

I'll touch base with the person I'd heard about the problem from, and see if I can't find some more details, because it surely seems like that backup setting would retain credentials. I have to ask though, was that always a visual cron feature? If not, when was it added? I may not have been using visual cron for a long time, but my office sure has, and perhaps the last update was so long ago that the feature hadn't been implemented yet...
Gary_W
2018-06-06T21:10:49Z
Not sure. We have never lost credentials when upgrading though. I suspect foul play......

:-)
Scroll to Top