Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2018-08-09T10:01:56Z
Hi

We have an old job downloading files from a host using an SCP connection. On the [Download] tab [Delete source file after copy] is ticked.

This worked perfectly until we upgraded the server to version 8.3.5 last week: now the files are downloaded but not deleted! In our case this was very unfortunate as the same files were then downloaded and processed again and again everytime the job was triggered.

The problem was easely fixed by creating an SFTP connection instead and using that.

I read a little about SCP and it seems like file deletion is not a native part of that protocol at all! Can the change be due to the added debugging feature of SFTP/SCP?

Anyway: you should remove the checkbox for file deletion in SCP tasks, if the option doesn't work. I tested in a test environment with same result: no file deletion.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2018-08-09T16:50:59Z
Thanks for the report. We will look at this.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2018-08-13T13:55:07Z
Jon Tofte-Hansen
2018-08-13T15:22:29Z
Hi Henrik

I don't need to test it. This was the only SCP-connection we had. SFTP is working fine instead.
Scroll to Top