Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

confundido
2019-04-11T17:52:35Z
I just deleted a fairly complex task and I'd really like to not have to figure out how to rebuild it. Is there any sort of simple "undo last action"?

Thanks,

confundido
Sponsor
Forum information
Gary_W
2019-04-11T18:45:55Z
Restore just that job from your last backup? Recreate (don't copy as job/task ID's could clash) from another VC server that has the same job on it?
confundido
2019-04-11T19:15:23Z
I have to admit I'm a little surprised. Most stuff seems to offer Undo...

Drat, oh well.
Gary_W
2019-04-11T19:25:44Z
I highly suggest you set up an automated job to backup server settings. Task is Internal/export settings. Add your undo suggestion to the "Feature Requests" forum.
Support
2019-04-11T21:56:14Z
You can go to the Audit Log and revert to a previous Version of that Job.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
confundido
2019-04-11T23:06:54Z
Too late on the audit log, already re-created the task.

Anyhow, I like the idea of saving settings nightly. I'm sure I'll eventually figure out how to do that but I figured I'd ask here in parallel since response seems so rapid.

Thanks,

confundido
confundido
2019-04-11T23:15:42Z
I found it under task type Internal --> Export Settings and it's writing a file but it then says I can't access it...
thomas
2019-04-12T07:18:40Z
When you install VC there is already backup job setup for you ( I think). It takes a backup to c: and overwrites the file that is there. In addition I recommend that you create a daily (at least) backup with timestamp somewhere. That way you can import a previous version if you mess up something. Regarding not being able to access the file: try running vc as admin

Capture.PNG
Gary_W
2019-04-12T12:37:55Z
I didn't know you could revert to a previous version via the audit log. That's good to know!
confundido
2019-04-12T12:49:38Z
I read that there was a default backup. Export Settings defaults to a path in c:\Program Files\VisualCron\backup\[something].zip

But there was nothing there.

I did an explicit export from the UI taking the default path and there was a file there. So I don't think our installation had the backup job nor did I see it anywhere in the job/task list.

I've configured a job to save datestamped settings every day and it looks like it's working but I can't read the file, e.g I can't open the .zip from Explorer.

Setting up the internal task of saving settings there are options about the account to use. The default is "No credential" and then there are a couple others. I've tried various and I still can't open the resultant file. I see the file, size looks good, and icacls shows it having perms for about 4 users but not "Everyone" like a test file I make with Notepad.

In *nix I would just do a chmod ugo+r but Windows perms management has always eluded me.

And tips on how to get it to save a readable file?

As always I continue to be impressed with all the Swiss Army knife stuff that VC does and I joke that it's "Turing complete" and that I'm working on writing a compiler for it...

Thanks,

confundido aka Dennis

P.S. Work does have licensed copied of VC but somehow it's my personal account that I have auth for here. That said we're not on any paid support program. Work is STC (Scientific Technologies Corp) and my work email is dennis_cronin(a)stchome.com
Scroll to Top