Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

twagner
2019-09-06T18:22:20Z
We have 5 or 6 file triggers that watch for a file change on our Iseries.

These file triggers have been in place for years and worked fine in 8.50 just as the had in all the previous version.

We have other jobs that read, write back to and download files from the same Iseries and these all still work fine, it just appears that VC can longer detect changes to files on the Iseries after the upgrade to 8.55.

I have tried all the options to trigger on even trigger on delete, nothing works.

In viewing the logs, if i am understanding them correctly it looks like the trigger is being activated but it is not actually trigger the task.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-09-09T09:19:02Z
Originally Posted by: twagner 

We have 5 or 6 file triggers that watch for a file change on our Iseries.

These file triggers have been in place for years and worked fine in 8.50 just as the had in all the previous version.

We have other jobs that read, write back to and download files from the same Iseries and these all still work fine, it just appears that VC can longer detect changes to files on the Iseries after the upgrade to 8.55.

I have tried all the options to trigger on even trigger on delete, nothing works.

In viewing the logs, if i am understanding them correctly it looks like the trigger is being activated but it is not actually trigger the task.

Could you record a short videoclip of when you attempt to fire this trigger? And show the log afterwards as well, or send us the logfile. Send the video to support@visualcron.com

I recommend Snagit, which you can download for free and record it, then upload it to Screencast for example.

Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
twagner
2019-09-09T15:40:00Z
Well this morning it looks like several of them are now working, not all of them.

We will do some more investigating in house and see if we can get to the bottom of it, if so then i will close the thread/ticket.

If not i will get you the logs.
Support
2019-09-10T12:37:24Z

Well this morning it looks like several of them are now working, not all of them.

We will do some more investigating in house and see if we can get to the bottom of it, if so then i will close the thread/ticket.

If not i will get you the logs.

Thanks for the update - sounds good.

Michael
Support

twagner
2019-09-10T15:47:26Z
Well i t looks like it was an issue on our end, you can consider this closed.

Thanks for your help!
Support
2019-09-10T16:43:02Z

Well i t looks like it was an issue on our end, you can consider this closed.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for following up!
Michael
Support

Scroll to Top