Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Edson Santos
2019-09-26T07:32:34Z
Hi there,

Want to know if we can use the number of executions in an active job to monitor if this has been retried x number of times?

So a bit of background - I have a job that if it fails will retry 2 times. I want to be able to send an email after the second failure (if there is one). I have found in the active jobs there's a number of executions. How is this count stored? If I use a retry will this count increase as expected? (There's nothing I can find on documentation about it.)

Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
Joey S
2019-10-03T21:39:32Z
That variable is stored as
{JOB(JOBID|NoExecutes)}

Each time the job Runs (successful or not) it will increase the count by 1.

To put the count back to zero you would need to "Reset" the job. I see no way to automatically do that. You can activate and deactivate the job but not reset (from what I can find).

You can accomplish what you want by changing the Task itself to retry instead of the Job. The same setting is at the Task Level.

Task 1. Procedural Task
Flow = If error, retry x times after waiting y seconds.
Flow = If successful "Go To" success email (task 3)
Task 2. Send error email
Task 3. Send Success email
Support
2019-10-08T15:39:00Z
Originally Posted by: Edson Santos 

Hi there,

Want to know if we can use the number of executions in an active job to monitor if this has been retried x number of times?

So a bit of background - I have a job that if it fails will retry 2 times. I want to be able to send an email after the second failure (if there is one). I have found in the active jobs there's a number of executions. How is this count stored? If I use a retry will this count increase as expected? (There's nothing I can find on documentation about it.)

Thanks

Hi,

We had an email conversation about this if I recall, or online chat support? Do you feel you have gotten closure on your question?
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top