Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

paulhhh
2019-10-07T21:19:24Z

Attempting to send e-mail via SMTP (server is Exchange 2010). Recipient address has a plus symbol... getting the following error:

Exception in Task: Unaccepted server reply for command RCPT TO: <recipient+foldername@address.com> NOTIFY=NEVER ORCPT=rfc822;recipient+foldername@address.com (error code is 501)

We're on VisualCron 7.7.8

No issues sending e-mails to the address through Outlook.

Is there a way around this?

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-10-08T14:43:39Z
Originally Posted by: paulhhh 

Attempting to send e-mail via SMTP (server is Exchange 2010). Recipient address has a plus symbol... getting the following error:

Exception in Task: Unaccepted server reply for command RCPT TO: <recipient+foldername@address.com> NOTIFY=NEVER ORCPT=rfc822;recipient+foldername@address.com (error code is 501)

We're on VisualCron 7.7.8

No issues sending e-mails to the address through Outlook.

Is there a way around this?

Hi Paul,

I can't see a company tied to your email address that are registered with us. What company are you with, that is using VisualCron ?
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
paulhhh
2019-10-08T15:32:28Z
We recently changed domain names... I just tried changing the email address for the profile back to grtcapital.com but it's not allowing me to.
Joey S
2019-10-09T16:09:46Z
Same issue here but the solution is not related to VC.

We cannot send external email using our exchange server via VC (or any other app). We have to use a relay that allows external email to flow. Try sending to a "non +", external account through VC and I bet you see the same result. It is not the "+" causing issues, it is the external email you are trying to send through your exchange server that is the issue.
paulhhh
2019-10-10T23:26:16Z
We actually do not have any issues sending to addresses without a + from VC. Emails have been flowing flawlessly for years from VC.

This is the first time we've experienced the error. As far as I know addresses with a plus symbol are still RFC compliant?

Having VC send to an address in Exchange to forward the email is clever, but it would be nice if it just worked from VC.
Scroll to Top