Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

2020-01-21T17:19:13Z
I am constantly getting Access is Denied error when trying to upgrade from 9.0 to ver. 9.1
I tried to install Client+ Server using an admin account. It never happened in the past, I restarted the server (Windows Server 2012), same issue.

I also tried to go back to ver. 9.0 but I am getting the same error message. Uninstallation has been done already but there is no way to install the application.
I tried to install both on C and on D drive, same problem

Looked into Windows Logs->Application:

Log Name: Application
Source: McAfee Endpoint Security
Date: 1/21/2020 1:28:57 PM
Event ID: 3
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DBVY.BVV.CSDX
Description:
EventID=1401

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ran C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe, which attempted to access C:\Users\ThomasV\AppData\Local\Temp\2\VisualCron\PsExec.exe. The potentially unwanted program named PSExec Smitfraud Incident was detected and access to the file was denied.

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ran C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe, which attempted to access C:\Users\f0055468\AppData\Local\Temp\2\VisualCron\PsExec.exe. The potentially unwanted program named PSExec Smitfraud Incident was detected and access to the file was denied.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Sponsor
Forum information
2020-01-21T19:30:11Z
Looks like a McAfee antivirus issue, am I right? need to whitelist the installer?
Support
2020-01-21T22:54:02Z
Yes, we include a file called psexec from Microsoft for remote installation feature. I guess your antivirus reacts on this file.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
2020-01-22T15:37:02Z
Thanks Henrik, IT temporarily disabled the McAfee rule to allow installation. Seems that PSExec.exe will not be allowed. Jut saw that : " PsExec is a light-weight telnet-replacement that lets you execute processes on other systems".
Would be possible to rename this executable in the next VisualCron versions?
2020-01-22T16:57:31Z
Sorry to bother you again Henrik, just got an answer from Security regarding installing Client on my laptop: "Endpoint and psexec is a huge non go"
I was able to install Client + Server on a Windows Server 2012 after IT department temporarily disabled the McAfee rule, but no way to install Client on my local computer. They will never allow it because of this PsExec issue.
Can you please provide a way (maybe a custom installation?) to avoid this problem? I do not need a remote installation so PsExec is not needed in my case
Support
2020-01-23T08:42:31Z
Originally Posted by: Thales 

Sorry to bother you again Henrik, just got an answer from Security regarding installing Client on my laptop: "Endpoint and psexec is a huge non go"
I was able to install Client + Server on a Windows Server 2012 after IT department temporarily disabled the McAfee rule, but no way to install Client on my local computer. They will never allow it because of this PsExec issue.
Can you please provide a way (maybe a custom installation?) to avoid this problem? I do not need a remote installation so PsExec is not needed in my case

Hi Thales,
We can not make a custom installation for you regarding this, the only way is to make an exception in the antivirus regarding psexec here.

Michael
Support

kisrar99
2020-03-02T17:06:42Z
, IT briefly disabled the McAfee rule to allow installation. Seems that PSExec.Exe will not be allowed. Jut saw that : " PsExec is a light-weight telnet-alternative that helps you to execute methods on other systems on How to create a Temporary Email Address .
Would be viable to rename this executable inside the subsequent VisualCron versions?
Support
2020-03-03T09:49:07Z
Originally Posted by: kisrar99 

, IT briefly disabled the McAfee rule to allow installation. Seems that PSExec.Exe will not be allowed. Jut saw that : " PsExec is a light-weight telnet-alternative that helps you to execute methods on other systems on How to create a Temporary Email Address .
Would be viable to rename this executable inside the subsequent VisualCron versions?

I can bring up the suggestion to my superiors, but I can not promise anything regarding it
Michael
Support

Scroll to Top